Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Technical Crafts and Construction Services position. Reporting to the Director of Facilities Operations, the Manager, Technical Crafts and Constructions Services manages the daily activities of trades positions in the completion of campus work orders and in-house construction projects. The Manager selects, trains, and evaluates staff to maintain optimal performance and ensure safety and compliance with established procedures.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
• College-paid life and disability insurance
• College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
• Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
• Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
• 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
• Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
• College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
• Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Associate’s degree, or equivalent course work, in a technical field of study required.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing construction projects required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of AlA documents, APPA facility standards, CAD software and databases, and purchasing policies required.
• Previous experience supervising trade positions required.
• Computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel required.
• Detail-oriented with excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds required.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative required.
• Ability to create and implement systems, procedures and processes required.
• Exceptional organizational, problem-solving and planning skills required.
• Ability to collaborate with others required.
• Demonstrated customer service orientation with a leadership mindset required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, facilities management, architecture, engineering or related field preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Previous construction management experience within a college or university setting is preferred.
• Experience with CMMS systems preferred.
• Experience working in a unionized environment is preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dnkvywx65sktwkc6