Salary: Salary range of $50,000 to $55,000.
Reference Number: 605251
Established in 1899, Northern Arizona University (NAU) is one of the three publicuniversities in Arizona, currently serving over 30,000 students and 4200 faculty and staffstatewide. NAU’s mountain campus in Flagstaff, one of more than twenty locationsacross the state, covers 680 acres of picturesque grounds with more than 150 buildingsand nearly 7.0 million square feet. NAU values global engagement, diversity, civicengagement and community building. Committed to a diverse and civil working andlearning environment, NAU has earned a solid reputation as a university with all thefeatures of a large institution but with a personal touch.
Flagstaff is a city rich in cultural diversity with a population of 68,677 located less than150 miles from Phoenix. Situated at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks, its7,000 foot elevation and four-season climate make Flagstaff ideal for year-round outdooractivities. Nearby attractions include the Grand Canyon, Lowell Observatory, Oak CreekCanyon, Sedona, Monument Valley, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, and the ArizonaSnowbowl.
– Work with stakeholders across campus to further NAU’s Culture of Sustainability.
– Supervise and mentor 15+ student workers. This includes preparing hiring paperwork, maintaining payroll, guiding student projects, and supervising student efforts.
– Manage NAU’s Energy Mentor Program, Green Labs Certification Program, Green Office Certification Program, and Sustainable Ambassador Program.
– Assist in the planning and implementation of community engagement as they arise: examples include orientation, Earth month, film series, and webinar speaker series.
– Continues to advance existing projects that promote sustainability and NAU’s update to the Climate Action Plan (CAP). The Current CAP categories consist of Academics & Research, Energy & Climate (conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy), Landscape/Water (chemical use, forests, water conservation), Resilience/Justice (ecosystem, infrastructure, social equity), Transportation (vehicle reduction, alt. modalities, fleet electrification) Waste Minimization and Dining (recycling, compost, reduction of waste, green dining).
– Assist on campus sustainability committees, including but not limited to: Green Fund Committee, Coordinating Committee on Sustainability (CoCoSus), Environmental Caucus Steering Committee, and Caucus Action Teams.
-A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Engineering, Business or directly related fields.
-Minimum of one year of progressive work experience and leadership in the area of sustainability in a large and complex environment and/or an advanced degree in a sustainability-related field.
-Advanced degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Engineering, Business or directly related fields.
-Certified Educational Facilities Professional (CEFP), LEED Accredited Professional, or closely related certification.
-Greenhouse Gas emissions accounting and reporting for a large institution.
Displayed ability to establish new programs collaboratively with a detailed process to ensure continuity.
-Experience with leading a group via meeting facilitation and process design to further community sustainability goals.
-Experience with establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and tracking the data associated.
Evidence of skills to develop and implement programs targeting public education, engagement, and behavior change.
-Work with academic programs to provide internship and research opportunities within the context of the living laboratory concept.
Please see nau.jobs for full job description and details on how to apply. Reference Job #605251.
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD – 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.