Salary: Commensurate with experience and education.
Reference Number: 65759BR
Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, and world-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Associate Director, Planning Administration, provide comprehensive support of the University’s space management programs with direct responsibility for the University Space Information and Information Systems for all campuses. Plan, develop, and manage periodic surveys to ensure that space data is accurate and complete working with academic and administrative departments to determine current assignment and use of space.
Plan and manage the program to ensure that Space Information for new construction and renovations is updated in a timely manner. Ensure that space is classified according to the US Department of Education Postsecondary Education Facilities and Classification Manual and the OMB Circular A-21 definitions. Define the requirements for a relational database to classify space consistently and accurately throughout the University.
Determine the appropriate set of data elements and valid values. Develop and refine complex reports of the Space Information for use by University and Facilities senior management and numerous operational functions. Develop and maintain the Master Building List of Yale owned and leased properties. Coordinate reviews with the Lease Management Group, and ensure changes are reflected on the official Campus Map and in campus publications. Perform detailed and complex analyses on space data; review and present statistical information to Office of the Provost, Budget Office, Office of Facilities, and senior management in support of Capital Replacement Charges, Carbon Reduction Plan, CHEFA Bond Compliance, NSF Surveys, University NEASC Accreditation, Professional School Accreditations, space policy development, and other initiatives.
Direct the development and implementation of tracking mechanisms for University departments to report space assignments and use. Train members of the University community in the use of Space Information and related systems. Develop analysis tools and provide space information floor plans to administrators who manage space for campus planning studies. Provide space information floor plans and analysis in a variety of forms.
Supervise, train and provide for professional development of professional and clerical support staff. Hire and oversee the work performed by outside consultants. Coordinate closely with Facilities Information Technology staff on space systems, and the CAD group to ensure that CAD drawings and space data are accurately synchronized. Coordinate with Facilities ITS to develop and document user requirements for changes to space management software. Test software modifications and sign off on same. Develop and maintain floor and room numbering policies and standards. Oversee the review of floor and room numbers for all renovations and new construction. Develop and maintain sets of historical charts.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of space management standards including the Postsecondary Education Facilities and Classification Manual, the OMB Circular A-21, the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) standard, and the International Facilities Management Association (IFMA) standard.
• Recent experience with AutoCAD in managing space. In-depth knowledge of relational database and experience integrating database with CAD drawings.
• Ability to coordinate and organize changes to a complex database. Ability to use reporting tools to create reports and ad-hoc queries to use floor plans to display space information, to create complex analyses, and historical Charts, etc.
• Well-developed problem resolution, analytical, and research skills. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work with people at all levels of Yale University.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and work with all levels of staff across various departments.
• Preferred Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Business, Social Science, Computer Science or related field of study. Seven years’ experience managing/developing space management data and policies in an academic environment. Minimum of two years’ experience using AutoCAD to understand floor layouts and to link to the Space Information System.
For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers-65759BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.