Salary: The full salary range is $59,940 to $82,528 per year. The typical starting range is $59,940 to $65,587 per year, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Nicolet College, is a comprehensive two-year college located on the shores of Lake Julia in Wisconsin’s beautiful North Woods region. We are an employer of choice and offer exceptional benefits, not to mention our quality of place.
At Nicolet College, our mission is to transform lives and enrich communities. We see change as an opportunity to do both even better. With that in mind, we are redesigning higher education to serve today’s learners in the most inclusive, creative, and flexible ways imaginable. Nicolet’s Instructional Effectiveness and Flexible Learning team is an integral part of finding new and innovative ways to advance student learning. What about you? Are you committed to academic excellence and to doing our work differently, and better? If so, we can’t wait to meet you.
The Learning and Assessment Architect plays a leadership role in building, sustaining and enhancing an environment in which assessment activities are understood, valued and practiced across the college. This position will work collaboratively with faculty, deans and staff to develop effective strategies to assess student learning and program effectiveness. Processes and outcomes of these ongoing assessment activities should result in the continuous improvement of student learning and instructional effectiveness while meeting accreditation purposes.
A successful candidate in this environment is self-motivated and a strong team player who values hard work and who is capable and confident interacting with a wide array of internal and external constituents. Candidates must be willing to take on new challenges in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Design, implement, and coordinate assessment of student learning at the competency, course, program and institutional levels.
• Maintain knowledge of high-impact practices in assessment of student learning through participation in appropriate professional development activities, including attending assessment institutes and/or conferences.
• Develop data collection strategies, analyze collected data, and measure impacts in order to support ongoing curricular and institutional improvement.
• Train faculty and staff about assessment by arranging educational opportunities and maintaining a library of assessment methodologies, ideas, and materials.
• Maintain a pool of current resources and information about national assessment issues by attending appropriate conferences and procuring relevant publications.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working in educational assessment or relevant area.
• Advanced communication skills that allow the individual to respond to the needs of faculty and administration for creative and efficient modes of student learning assessment.
• Knowledge of industry standards for assessment development and validation.
• Knowledge of various curriculum models.
View the complete position notice and apply at nicoletcollege.edu/employment. Attach a cover letter addressing how your background and experience are consistent with the requirements of the position, a current resume, and unofficial college transcripts. Applications received by 4 p.m. Monday, June 17, 2019, will receive full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
Nicolet Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.