The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
The Office of Physical Plant is an organization driven by its mission to “Provide Excellent Facilities Services for Penn State.” Our values model those of Penn State’s and we are especially committed to our https://www.opp.psu.edu/about-us/mission-strategic-plan to “have a culture of inclusion and diversity where everyone enjoys coming to work.” As a member within Physical Plant, it will be expected that the incoming individual be able to embody and model http://equity.psu.edu/psu-diversity-statement as well as the commitment expressed by https://fandb.psu.edu/finance-and-business-diversity-statement.
The Office of Physical Plant (OPP) is seeking a Landscape Architect. The responsibilities and duties include:
1) Support senior landscape architects in reviewing consultant design work and provide construction oversight on capital projects for University Park Campus and Commonwealth campuses. Meet with university customers (FCs, DBSs, PMs) to ensure their goals and objectives are being met with the project.
2) Support senior landscape architects in reviewing consultant design work and provide construction oversight on capital projects for University Park and Commonwealth campuses. Meet with university customers (FCs, DBSs, PMs) to ensure their goals and objectives are being met with the project.
3) Product evaluation and/or design standards (paving systems, recommended plant lists, amenities and furnishings).
4) Assist in the building site selection process related to the integration within the campus grounds, impacts to campus infrastructure, and impacts to the campus tree population.
5) Participate in master plans and unit-level precinct plans led by hired consultants or by the University Planner.
6) Create and update policies, procedures, guidelines, and specifications governing visual communications instruments related to facilities under the supervision of the University Planner.
7) Be OPP’s lead liaison to the Marketing Office of Strategic Communications, Finance and Business organization, Licensing Programs Office, and Intercollegiate Athletics on visual communications matters.
8) Actively participate as a Marketing and Communications Network (MarComm) representative to the Office of Strategic Communications.
9) Interpret, integrate, and apply the University’s graphic identity system to visual communications instruments related to OPP initiatives. Ensure compliance with the University brand position, OPP design standards, and related regulatory codes.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Landscape Architecture or related discipline or higher plus five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2716652