The mission of Mott Community College is to provide high quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities and services that cultivate student success and individual development and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community.
The role of the Business Intelligence (BI) Systems Analyst is to organize data and information, conduct basic analysis, and prepare datasets for advanced analysis by IR office analytic staff to support the reporting and decision support needs of the College. Primary responsibilities of the position include generating SQL and related code to extract data and information from institutional data sources to include the data warehouse; building reports and basic analyses using Cognos, Tableau, and related tools; developing and deploying web based data and information solutions; and ensuring validity and reliability in data and information practices and standards.
The IR-BI Analyst needs to be able to collaborate with Information Technology Services (ITS) staff and other internal customers on their data and information needs and have the ability to translate those needs within the ERP, Data Warehouse, and analytic environments. This position will work with a variety of BI applications to produce reliable, accurate, and dependable information. The IR-BI Analyst must be proficient with data management and related tools such as but not limited to SQL, Cognos, and Tableau and extract information from sources to include the Colleague student information system, the data warehouse, local repositories, external databases, and others. The position is responsible for frequent handling of confidential data and must maintain compliance with FERPA and other applicable laws and regulations. As such, the position is held to the highest ethical standards in supporting decision-making across the College.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function, duty and accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. This position may be filled at a Level I, II, or III based on the candidate’s qualifications.
1) Bachelor’s degree in business or computer information systems, or a related field.
2) One or more years of related information and/or analytic experience or a combination of education and experience.
3) Experience with SQL, Cognos, and related data analytic tools.
1) Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL, Cognos, and related data analytic tools.
2) Two or more years of related information and/or analytic experience or a combination of education and experience.
3) Basic knowledge of higher education information, processes, and industry standards.
1) Mastery of SQL, Cognos, and related data analytic tools.
2) Three or more years of related information and/or analytic experience or a combination of education and experience.
3) Functional to advanced knowledge of higher education information, processes, and industry standards.
An employee hired at Level I or II will be given a set of written, measurable and articulated standards for the employee to meet before moving to the next tier level. The movement from one level to the next is based on knowledge, skills, and ability and will occur once all standards are met. In order to continue to qualify for this position, the incumbent must meet the standards to progress to the next level within the following time frames:
– Level I to Level II within 24 months of date of hire
– Level II to Level III within 36 months of date of hire