Reference Number: 1521200
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University Dominguez Hills was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University System. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of approximately 14,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under general supervision of the Chief of Operations/AVP and in collaboration with the Communications Department, the IT Content Writer is responsible for the ideation and creation of compelling content including website copy, blog posts, social media content, newsletters, flyers, marketing materials, campaign/launch notices, and product/service descriptions for both mobile applications and printed materials. The IT Content Writer will actively engage stakeholders and maintain a cohesive brand voice, help IT expand our digital footprint and Online content. The incumbent should have a proven record of accomplishment of producing pieces that increase engagement, be detail-oriented, and be committed to meeting tight deadlines with a high level of creativity. Additional tasks handled by the IT Content Writer include analyzing marketing metrics and collaborating across departments in order to execute brand initiatives.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills with a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles
– Creative and innovative thinker and planner
– Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
– Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas
– Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals
– Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
– Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
– Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), Adobe Suite and Dropbox
– Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
– Able to work in a fast-paced environment
– Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a problem-solver
– Able to navigate and learn the use of multiple technical tools and applications to deliver marketing materials and communications across various platforms
-Working knowledge of applicable copyright and other laws pertaining to written materials, news media and confidentiality.
-Knowledge of basic web communication techniques, vehicles and formats.
-Working knowledge of protocols and institutional etiquette related to public and media relations.
Experience and Education:
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, English, or related field
Required Experience: Two (2) years of related professional or technical experience