Reference Number: 1490548
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under the general direction of the Executive Assistant to the Vice President and with work direction from the Senior Office Coordinator, the IT Administrative Office Coordinator position provides administrative support of a complex nature to directly support the offices of Associate Vice President for Infrastructure & Production Services and the Chief of Operations in the Division of Information Technology in accordance with the California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) and California State University policies and procedures. Primary areas of responsibility include the day-to-day clerical and administrative support functions which include, but are not limited to, supporting and coordinating general division office activities; preparing, processing and compiling of reports, and follow up with department managers on tasks assigned from the Vice President of Information Technology. Typical activities include purchasing a technical and specialized nature, such as software and professional services. The IT Administrative Office Coordinator will also build and maintain effective relationships across the organization, including managers, technicians, supervisors, other departments, vendors, etc. A strong customer service attitude and commitment is essential.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Knowledge of a university infrastructure, policies, and procedures or in an organization with similar complexity is required.
– Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling is required along with the ability to effectively write and present own reports, minutes, and other documents in a professional manner is required.
– Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of human resources in a public agency setting
– Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of procurement and requisitions, especially related to contracts
– Expertise in using office software, technology and systems including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PeopleSoft and other standardized office equipment is required.
– Ability to independently hand multiple work unit priorities and projects with limited supervision
– Ability to analyze and execute operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions
– Ability to plan, coordinate, and improve IT programs and events. Conduct ongoing needs assessments and provide a full spectrum of administrative support
– Ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
– Proven ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and work effectively both independently or as part of a team is required.
– Ability to establish and build strong partnerships with campus constituents
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and provide exceptional customer service
– Ability to conduct research
– Ability to anticipate and meet department needs; take initiative to improve operations in a collaborative manner
– Excellent communication and problem resolution skills between suppliers, the Procurement and Contracts team, and Accounts Payable, as appropriate.
Experience and Education:
Required Education: High School program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalent
Equivalent to a four year degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Administration or a closely related field is preferred.
Required Experience: Several years of related office work experience, equivalent to (4) years.
(4) years of work experience providing progressively responsible administrative support in an environment of similar complexity is preferred.