|Bellevue College is a student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.|
Teaching and Students
• Teach courses that may include, but not limited to: Web development (client & server-side), OOP, SQL, and other software development topics
• Create and revise course materials, including varied assessments of student knowledge
• Assess student learning outcomes in a variety of assessment methods.
• Foster a positive, equitable learning environment where diversity and pluralism are advanced
• Promote program and recruit students from a culturally diverse population
• Promote teaching and learning excellence in the InfoSys and BAS-IST programs
• Provide ongoing guidance in student career development
• Participate in advising students and improving student success
• Use data, self-reflection and student/colleague feedback to revise your instruction, improve student success and better serve historically underserved, underrepresented, or marginalized student populations (e.g. students with disabilities, student of color, first generation college students, LBGTQIA+ students, Veterans, English language learners, etc.)
Currency and Relevancy
• Maintain current knowledge and skills in web, mobile and OOP topics.
• Maintain currency and relevancy of curriculum and program via trainings, professional conferences, certification, etc.
• Participate in on-going curriculum development, revision, and implementation that incorporates diverse perspectives
• Develop and recruit advisory committee members and meet with potential employers.
• Consult and/ or collaborate with colleagues at other colleges, businesses, or professional organizations
• Represent the college in community events or statewide inter-institutional initiatives
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related technology discipline; or a Master’s degree in Business Administration with technology experience.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Three (3) years of current industry experience in technology fields.
• Knowledge of object oriented design and programming principles.
• Demonstrated experience working collegially with diverse colleagues in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
|To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1929091|