Reference Number: 1684006
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under general supervision of the Employment Manager, the Human Resources Support Assistant provides coordination of the clerical and administrative support functions for Human Resources Management (HRM). The incumbent provides high quality customer service to employees and/or vistors requesting assistance. The incumbent provides timely and accurate information to customers, and also provides cross-functional administrative support to other areas of HRM as requested.
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Experience: Some experience in a Human Resources office environment, equivalent to two years.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
– Thorough, detailed knowledge of Human Resources policies, and procedures;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
– Thorough knowledge of office systems
– Use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages;
– Identify and solve standard Human Resources problems and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff; multi-task and prioritize assignments;
– Work with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring active problems solving and effective interpersonal skills;
– Work relatively independently with general instructions, except for new assignments. Accountability is usually limited to own work assignments;
– Address practical, and suggest adaptive procedures to meet new needs in customer satisfaction;
– Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects;
– Ability to draft and compose correspondence
– Experience with a document imaging system;
– Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating information, instructions, and procedures.