Salary: $3,717 - $6,726 monthly.
Reference Number: 1554381
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Vice President of Infrastructure & Production Services, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the artistic and graphic design and creation of print and multimedia materials. Incumbent uses both design and production elements to organize ideas visually to convey the desired impact and message to the target audience. Work is used both in classroom instruction and to reach a variety of internal and external audiences. In addition to aesthetic judgment and project coordination skills, incumbents provide timelines for completed work.
The Graphic Designer works on a variety of small to medium scale projects, producing designs and prints using emerging tools to meet the diverse communication needs of the Information Technology Division. Assist with overall artistic direction, strategically integrating the IT graphic communication efforts; provides creative design and layout for brochures, newsletters, posters, fliers, banners, print, web and other forms of advertising; utilizes illustration, photography, typography, and stock art to enhance print material; prepares charts, posters, signage.
The incumbent will be responsible taking direction from written or spoken ideas and converting them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs.
Applicants must have foundational and working knowledge of graphic design principles, production principles and communication theory including a basic understanding of layout, design and visual product layout techniques.
– Applicants must have graphic design skills and artistic ability in order to translate communication needs into an artistic design.
– Applicants must have solid working knowledge of applicable graphic design software packages and hardware systems and peripheral (i.e Microsoft Office Suite, Caldera RIP, Fiery RIP, Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as but not limited to Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
– Applicants must have working knowledge of the use of color, tone, shading, harmony and perspective drawing.
– Applicants must have knowledge of systems, techniques and processes used in website design, photography, print production and other applicable media.
– Applicants must have the ability to successfully multi task, meet deadlines, be detail oriented and accurate, work in a fast-paced environment, take initiative and manage production of projects from concept to completion in a timely manner with attention to detail, along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of individuals.
– Applicants must possess a strong technical and graphic design skill set for a fast paced work environment while demonstrating the ability to edit, conceptualize and
execute multiple projects simultaneously.
– Applicants must possess knowledge of copyright laws applicable to educational and creative design work.
– Applicants must have the ability to consult and communicate effectively with staff and students and to interpret and translate their needs into effective visual formats is required.
– Applicants must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
– Applicants must have the ability to compose appropriately formatted correspondence and reports.
– Applicants must have the ability to serve as a key contributor on division and university communications and marketing teams if needed.