Salary: The full pay range is $22.05 to $29.19 per hour. The typical starting range is $22.05 to $23.84 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package.
At Nicolet College, our mission is to transform lives and enrich communities, and we see change as an opportunity to transform even more lives and to serve our communities even better. To accomplish this mission, we are redesigning higher education to serve today’s learners in the most inclusive, creative, and flexible ways imaginable. Our community, employers, and students face many challenges, and Nicolet College is responding with innovative programs, strong employer partnerships, and student-centered practices.
Nicolet College is a comprehensive two-year college located on the shores of Lake Julia in Wisconsin’s beautiful North Woods region. We are seeking a thoughtful, innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-focused professional to join our Financial Aid team as we pursue continuous improvement, high integrity, and transformational customer service in our Financial Aid Office.
Under the direct supervision of the Financial Aid Manager, the Financial Aid Systems Analyst is responsible for managing, developing, and ensuring the integrity of Financial Aid systems and processes, as well as tracking and administering student financial aid records and providing student support through the financial aid process. The Financial Aid Systems Analyst will work collaboratively as part of a small team in the Financial Aid Office.
This is a full-time hourly, non-exempt position with comprehensive benefits. View the complete position description and apply at nicoletcollege.edu/employment.
• Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in an office setting, customer service, or IT role.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of financial aid requirements and procedures, federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
• Advanced skill using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience using Financial Aid processing systems and scanning software.
• Able to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in receiving all callers via telephone, correspondence, or in person, making proper disposition of questions, concerns, and/or problems.
• Experience providing customer service in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
• Able to analyze information, evaluate results, and solve problems.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Able to work independently, proactively, and be self-directed and self-motivated.
Apply nicoletcollege.edu/employment. Attach a cover letter that addresses how your background and experience are consistent with the requirements of the position, a current resume, and unofficial transcripts of coursework/certificates. Applications received by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled. Nicolet Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.