Reference Number: 42687
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.
• Management of Space Information
o Primary point of contact for customer support for Facilities Connect Space Module
o Responsible for continuous update and maintenance of the Facilities Connect Space Module to reflect the highest level of data accuracy and integrity
o In charge of linking, maintaining and updating all floor plans (CAD) to reflect the highest level of data accuracy and integrity
o Monitor, research and report technical issues with Facilities Connect software in order to partner with NUIT to expedite collaborative resolutions of system issues
o Confirm, report and advise solutions when further enhancements to system are needed
o In partnership with NUIT development team, conduct QA/QC and general testing of Space Module across system
• Annual Space Validation
o Manage and communicate process and materials for annual space validation to all University departments
o Conduct annual training sessions and workshops with Office of Cost Studies and department Administrators
o Perform preliminary data review for data inconsistencies, missing data or incomplete surveys
o Coordinate with NIT for the Annual Data Snapshot; test and verify data
o Assist with the review and preparation of data for Indirect Cost Negotiations during F&A review Practice and Base Years
o Provide Space Information reporting solutions on demand for administration, academic units and Facilities internal utilization. (Internal)
o Prepare and complete regulatory or informational reporting for government, organizational or peer review (External)
• Other duties
o Oversee the hiring of architectural interns. Determine the length of assignments, intern schedules, and allocate tasks/projects.
o Complete required trainings
• Bachelors Degree in Architecture (B.Arch preferred), Engineering, Interior Design, Computer Sciences, or a Bachelor’s Degree with experience in a related field.
• 3-5 years’ work experience in the facilities/space information field.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural, and mechanical drawings, and site surveys
• Problem solving and analytical skills related to space information and drawings, including the ability to construct accurate and well thought out reports and spreadsheets.
• 3-5 years’ work experience in a IWSM or CAFM environment such as Tririga, Archibus, or FM Systems.
• Higher Education experience preferred.
• Architectural understanding of how structural and mechanical systems are integrated into buildings;
• Experience with field measuring and verification for the production of architectural plans of existing buildings;
Interested applicants should apply on the Northwestern University Careers site: