|Bellevue College is a student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.|
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VP-HR including managing complex calendar appointments; composing and preparing correspondence; and arranging complex and detailed travel plans.
• Relieve the VP-HR of routine operational and administrative details and performs administrative functions. Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VP-HR. Safeguard the confidentiality of College matters by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students, staff and the various publics served by the College and in handling administrative records, file, and similar confidential items. Serve as key research resource for the VP-HR on operational procedures, organizational structure, office goals and objectives, and College regulations, policies, and procedures before implementation.
• Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of HR operational needs.
• Obtain and provide specific information on various issues, recommending solutions, coordinating and assisting with operational policy issues; develop and implement operational policies and procedures, ensuring that practices are in conformance with College regulations and policies; interpret College and departmental policies, and advise staff and students of policy provisions; Create and maintain comprehensive filing systems in compliance with policies and procedures regarding records retention.
• Provide daily administration, development, and maintenance of HR web and SharePoint sites. Design web pages and websites using a variety of computer software and/or hardware to produce high-quality electronic communications. Produce and edit website content as needed.
• Plan and coordinate HR events, meetings, and retreats. Collaborate as needed in planning and organizing college-wide events.
• Anticipate and oversee maintenance of office supply inventory including stationery, software, business forms, etc. Anticipate needs for upcoming projects and programs and order materials accordingly. Determine appropriate budgets from which to order.
• May supervise, schedule, and train temporary support personnel.
• Responsible for the overall budget and financial management of the department. Assemble and summarize budget and financial data as needed. Assists in the preparation of annual and biennial budgets. Prepares and monitors all budget projections. Provides data and advice when preparing budget requests. Prepares quarterly budget reports.
• Manage, maintain, and audit financial processes in the department. Prepare monthly financial reports. Develop, maintain and manage all financial reports and records.
• Process procurement card transactions, requisitions, and invoices; prepare and submit professional services contracts; manage, prepare and process program awards such as employee scholarship, professional development, etc.
Manage, Track, and Document Projects
• Develop comprehensive project tracking and management plans in conjunction. Coordinate information flow and projects, which may include multiple departments both within and outside of HR.
• Establish, enhance, and expedite process improvement across organization. Implement processes and practices that can adapt quickly to changing organization, business, and demands. Review business process, system or other changes that might impact existing workflows and recommends methods to optimize to desired state and improve efficiency.
• Collaborate with various administrative units within the College to problem solve and execute project. Assist with the development and execution of area goals and objectives.
• Maintain HR goals and multi-year work plans and manage periodic reporting on plan objectives. Organize documentation and material for the VP-HR.
• Research information, compile statistics, gather, compute and analyze various data; prepare special reports; help implement “best practices” within area operations.
• Research and prepare background information for presentations, articles and publications; coordinates and assists with policy matters.
• Maintain knowledge on current developments and practices in human resources operations. Provide backup to HR staff as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A college degree AND three (3) years of administrative experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Demonstrated ability to use at a high level of competency e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and electronic calendar software applications.
• Effective interpersonal and intercultural communication skills; expresses written and verbal information using language that is appropriate to the complexity of the topic and the knowledge and understanding of the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain harmonious working relations.
• Experience in maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
• Effective time management skills, and ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
• Flexibility of schedule and willingness to work select evenings and/or weekends.
|To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1929058|