Salary: $49,500.00 to $79,160.00 annually
Reference Number: 510456
The Division of Facilities is an action-oriented service organization within the K-State family. We plan, budget, build, operate, maintain, clean, supply and transport. We are custodians, landscapers, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, project managers, engineers, architects, accountants, and administrative professionals — all stewards and leaders of an inspiring campus shared by many.
This position is benefits eligible.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
The Engineering Project Manager will oversee large and medium capital projects to include project scope, procurement of professional design services, materials delivery process, project scheduling, project budget, working with contractors and customers, contractor bids, invoices, field inspections, monitoring construction progress and project close-out. Provides engineering review and assessments of existing mechanical (HVAC and exhaust systems), electrical, plumbing systems to aid in the development of potential budgets and/or master planning for replacement or renewal of existing systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years experience in Mechanical, Plumbing, or Electrical systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of the design & delivery of professional AE services and construction
• Demonstrated knowledge of local codes and standards of design and construction
• Must be experienced in multiple contract delivery methods including CM@Risk in addition to
traditional Design/Bid/Build project delivery
• Should have general knowledge of building commissioning and Leadership in Energy and
Environmental Design (LEED) certification process
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Must have strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD
• Is comfortable in a highly fluid work environment; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Highly organized; ability to plan ahead so as to maximize efficiency based on available resources
• Ability to travel to on and off-campus locations for business activities
• 7-10 years experience in large capital project delivery
• Experience in a university setting or similar environment
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• State of Kansas Professional Engineering License or the ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
Emphasis in Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical
• Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
• Leed Accredited professional.
APPLY NOW AT
Department: 3670065010 Campus Planning and Project Management
Job no: 510456
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified – Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Engineering, Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades, Community Development / Community
Pay Grade: 10A
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Please submit the following documents: • Online application • Resume • Cover letter