Salary: $64,836 - $86,316
Reference Number: 33839
The Capital Projects and Construction (CP&C) unit is part of the Planning, Construction & Real Estate division. CP&C oversees all renovation and construction projects on campus. Our team works with campus clients on projects from the conception and design phases, through permitting and estimates, and on through bidding, construction, and final occupancy. At CP&C we manage projects of all sizes from painting a room, to an office renovation, to new building construction. We maintain comprehensive collection of building plans, construction records, campus maps, and construction related studies and reports. Capital Projects and Construction also fabricates, permits, and installs a variety of campus signage; including wayfinding, ADA signs, office location signs, campus maps, and contracted specialty signs.
Our mission is “to design and build a modern, sustainable campus that complements our students learning experience and reinforces the academic mission.
– Provide design and project management services for a wide range of electrical projects with various budget types on campus.
– Investigate and prepare construction documents and related reports for complex engineering design feasibility studies and investigations.
– Oversee third party engineering consultants.
– Support other project managers, consult with staff on the development of new facilities, and participate in selecting consultants by reviewing and approving designs and administering contracts for project implementation.
– Work with staff on all program related issues which requires writing status reports, reviewing electrical safety programs, and effective records maintenance.
– Closely monitor campus facilities to identify operations and maintenance needs or capital investment projects, and recommend improvements to update existing facilities.
The ideal candidate will be safety-minded, have a strong sense of initiative and organizational skills, and a highly collaborative person who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a Professional Engineering License (PE).
– Five years of design experience on building, facilities and central plant electrical systems of 120V up to 12.47 kV or greater.
– Two years project management experience.
– Experience using Autocad, Revit, & Navisworks software to design and modify electrical drawings.
– Experience using Easy Power Software or a similar software.
– Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
– Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
– Ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-directed.
– Ability to inspect work projects on-site, using ladders, negotiating physical obstacles on job sites which may involve bending, stooping, climbing ladders and stepping over physical obstructions such as mechanical and electrical equipment or construction materials.
Email Angie Telford, Administrative and Engagement Coordinator, with questions or for assistance with creating an account and submitting your application (email@example.com).
Submit application to https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/33839
Cover letter; Resume; References