Tarrant County College was established by a countywide election on July 31, 1965, as Tarrant County Junior College, the name change coming in 1999. The South Campus opened in 1967, followed by Northeast (1968), Northwest (1976), Southeast (1996), Trinity River Campus (2009) and TCC Connect Campus (2015). The Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics opened in Fall 2014 at Alliance Airport as part of the Northwest Campus. The College District is governed by a seven-member Board of Trustees elected for staggered six-year terms in single member districts.
Enrollment growth has been steady throughout recent years. The South Campus, at 4,772, had the largest opening-day enrollment of any community college in the nation up to that time. Overall credit student enrollment passed the 20,000 mark in 1980 and exceeded 50,000 in the fall of 2011. Recently, TCC was named the seventh-largest college or university in Texas.
• Serves as the intellectual lead to collaborate with faculty and academic component leadership at the institution to manage the accessible design process, sets standards for faculty, and develops learning resources to ensure the institution’s overall quality plan for instruction is being met
• Provides central oversight, technical leadership, and guidance to support academic components in the creation of accessible online learning objects and course content (including video, audio and multimedia production and accessibility compliance)
• Provides assistance in the development and remediation of course materials that meet the institution’s, state and federal accessibility standards; oversees training and support of faculty and staff in the area of online accessibility; conducts accessibility reviews of online and hybrid courses
• Coordinates, facilitates, and provides online course development services and faculty training
• Coordinates online instructional design projects from inception to completion
• Provides instructional design and course development support to online faculty
• Assists in the development of online instructional strategies, course materials, and assessments in accordance with researched best practices
• Provides support for the online faculty certification training
• Designs, develops, facilitates, and maintains training curriculum for TCC Connect instructors
• Researches and recommends online learning technology solutions
• Provides the TCC Connect Senior Instructional Designer with regular updates on all online course development projects
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in education, instructional design, instructional technology, or post-secondary teaching discipline
• Two (2) years of secondary or post-secondary teaching experience
•Two (2) years of related training and course development experience
• One (1) year of experience working with learning management systems
• One (1) year of experience with website design and development, including applying accessibility compliance techniques/standards (i.e., American Disability Act 508) and testing tools in creation and repairing of digital content
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2139870