Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reference Number: 505960
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Capital Assets and Real Estate, the Director of Real Estate Services effectively manages and oversees the day-to-day real estate operations at VCU including planning and execution of real estate transactions and property management functions for the University and the University’s related entities. The principal responsibility of this position is to ensure that all real estate actions are completed in an effective and timely manner for the benefit of the university. Responsibility areas include but are not limited to property acquisitions and dispositions, commercial and residential leasing, property management, market research, leveraging private commercial and market resources, facility use agreements, easements, and coordination around various development, upfit or construction projects.
Additionally, the Director manages the day-to-day office operations and business functions, including supervision of department staff, and has budgetary responsibility for administration of operating budget as well as the University lease portfolio. The Director also provides assistance in the implementation of other University projects which involve real estate related matters. This position will liaise with stakeholders from the VCU Health System and it is anticipated that this function will increase in responsibility over time.
Minimum Hiring Standards of the position include but are not limited to:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration or related field, or equivalent experience with considerable real estate transactional experience.
• At least 10 years related work experience with a significant portion including leading and managing a team
• Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, resourcefulness, and organizational skills in identifying and prioritizing work activities
• Working knowledge of real estate appraisal and negotiation principles, policies, techniques, real estate law, property descriptions, land title reports, instruments of ownership, property management, leasing, surveys, deeds, titles, plats, and contract writing and interpretation in institutional, commercial, and governmental settings; knowledge of basic real estate financial analyses
• Successful candidates should have demonstrated experiences in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and an expressed commitment to do so while at VCU
How to Apply:
VCU’s Executive Search Team is assisting Virginia Commonwealth University in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Application materials should be submitted to the VCU eJobs portal located at the VCU eJobs portal here:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Resume