Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
Professional Education Program Development
• Responsible for overseeing and managing the lifecycle of courses
• Working with the Executive Director of Continuing Education, to develop a portfolio of courses/programs and a delivery plan for professional programs in Professional Education
• Provides leadership and administrative oversight to personnel responsible for the development and maintenance of processes
• Supervises the development of new or modifies existing curriculum to meet learning objectives
• Manages, motivates, evaluates and develops a team of high quality, success-oriented individuals
• Implements strategies to ensure the quality and effectiveness of all open enrollment and contractual courses and program in Professional Education
• Formulates program revenue and expense goals to assure targets are met
• Collaborates with Academic Affairs to leverage opportunities in both non-credit and credit programs
• Provides leadership of the daily operations of the program area
• Works with the Executive Directory of Continuing Education and other CE staff in developing plans and implementing strategies regarding the marketing of classes and certificates.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, supervises, evaluates, and develops adjunct faculty to ensure effective delivery and student experience for open enrollment, online, and customized or corporate training
• Works with subject matter experts and instructional designers to develop new courses, and produce the quarterly schedule of programs
• Assists the Executive Director of Continuing Education in maintaining fiscal integrity of the department budget; manages program budget revenues and costs
• Forms, convenes, and leads Advisory Boards of industry advocates to define a structure for new Professional Education programs
• Performs market analysis to identify job and industry trends, interacting directly and indirectly with customers to track student experience
• Works with industry groups and professional associations in Community to capture trends and needs for new or revamped training programs
• Plans and designates courses to be included in the quarterly course schedule
• Work with committees, professional association and organizations at the local, regional, state and national level to create or strengthen partnerships with the college
• Develops marketing and promotional goals for the programs as input to the CE marketing plan
• Trains, plans and assigns work to adjunct faculty, and assigned program staff; Resolves grievances and takes corrective action
• Assists in responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs), training proposals, and contracts
• Participates in defining and implementing customized corporate solutions, strategic plans and performance measures
• Develop the training/organizational development solution for corporate clients
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis
• Minimum of 5-7 years of similar professional work experience such as human resources, business leadership, or teaching and training experience or 8-10 related years of directly related continuing education experience.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
• Experience designing training solutions.
• Experience managing budgets in excess of 1 million dollars.
• Experience in working effectively with community-based organizations, business and governmental agencies
• Demonstrated ability to work with representatives of the business community, BC college community, and strategic partners.
• Effective skills in oral, written, listening and customer service communications.
• Experience in the coordination of teamwork, community negotiation and organizational growth.
• Supervising and management experience.
• Familiarity with department task analysis, business process analysis, principles of project management.
• Demonstrated ability to advance a project or assignment from inception to completion.
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, administrators, faculty, staff and the public; Demonstrated commitment to a culturally-divers work and community environment.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2033502