Please visit our website.
Florida State University is recruiting an experienced leader to be the Director of Facilities Planning with the team located in Tallahassee, Florida.
About FSU and the position:
One of the nation’s elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking.
FSU’s welcoming campus is located on the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida, in a community that fosters free inquiry and embraces diversity, along with championship athletics, and a prime location in the heart of the state capital. Florida State University retained its place in the Top 20 among national public universities in the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings. FSU is number 19 on the list, marking the second consecutive year that the university placed in the Top 20.
In 2019, Florida State was one of only nine public universities in the U.S. to receive an AA+ rating from S&P Global Ratings. FSU has also earned a high grade for financial management, receiving an AA+ rating from Fitch Ratings, Inc. for the university’s strong financial profile, 2019.
FSU seeks a proven leader, one that can execute to vision, engage cross functional leadership and continually innovate to achieve a culture of excellence. We seek diverse candidates who are excited to lead in an inclusive, interactive collaborative engaged Facilities Department anxious to serve a Campus on the move. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news.
Additional information can be found at https://hr.fsu.edu/working-fsu/prospective-employees.
This leadership role functions as the Director of Planning and performs work with broad managerial and strategic responsibilities of considerable difficulty in planning, organizing, directing and advancing the culture of innovation across the university. This role serves as a vital leader on the Facilities team, responsible for the operational management of the Facilities Planning, Space Utilization, Facilities Archives, GIS Mapping, Leasing, and Property Management sections. FSU Facilities is developing new Strategic Plans on how we best serve and support our new Transformed Campus that will emerge in the coming years. Creative forward visioning and engagement from the Director of Planning will be critical to creating, embracing and leading these strategic plans.
More about the Facilities Planning Department: https://www.facilities.fsu.edu/depts/planningMan/
– Managing the planning of major project development, including the preparation of facility programs and capital funding requests; maintaining and updating the University’s adopted Campus Master Plan; integrating project details into the University’s Space File; leasing off-campus and on-campus space and property; and acquisition and disposal of real property.
– Maintaining the University’s archival resources, in both a hard copy and electronic format to include construction documents, training manuals, photographs and other construction-related and historical materials.
– Oversight for the University’s GIS Mapping enterprise, providing guidance and direction related to mapping needs and assisting in the administrative direction and growth of the department’s mapping and related data analysis initiatives.
– Responsible for the University’s Leasing enterprise, and for the appropriate management of newly acquired property and property improvement. Maintains State Land Management Plans for certain University parcels. Coordinates land acquisition and management activities with the University’s Real Estate Foundation, as needed.
– Lead and Inspire the Planning Team to develop new creative approaches to become a Leader in Higher Education Planning.
– Provide Creative Leadership as a key member of the FSU Facilities Leadership Team including proposing, researching and developing creative, resourceful solutions for a forward-thinking campus, not only in Planning but across all of Facilities.
Experience you’ll bring to the team:
– Master’s degree and five years of related work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree and seven years of related work experience.
– Knowledge of budget, management, formulation and execution; cost benefit analysis and presentation skills.
– Knowledge of operating a service-orientated organization.
– Knowledge of processes, procedures, and methods used in master planning.
– Skill in understanding and interpreting complex data, statutes, guidelines, and regulations.
– Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
– Skill in writing technical reports and grants; negotiating and administering contracts with professional consultants and contractors.
– Skill in effectively managing, supervising and evaluating staff.
– Ability to think critically, problem solve effectively and recommend strategically about planning issues.
– Able to multi-task and work under pressure and in emergencies.
– Able to Envision and Implement Imaginative Creative Strategic Plans not only for Planning but also all FSU Facilities
– Able to Effectively Communicate with their Planning team, the larger Facilities Team and the greater FSU Campus.
FSU is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
This position is being advertised until filled. To learn more about this opportunity and submit your application, please visit: https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=48342&PostingSeq=1