|Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with 21 undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, comics, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, film, fine arts, visual and critical studies, and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. Diverse cultural perspectives enrich the CCA community and the college believes that continuing to expand the horizons of the students and faculty is essential to achieving its educational objectives. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students|
25% of Time Responsibilities
• Leadership and Administration: provides leadership and operational oversight of the Facilities and Operations functions. Continually assesses department operations for opportunities for continued professionalization and improvement.
• Provides leadership across the organization to build and maintain professional, consistent, client-centered Facilities and Operations.
• Manages and is accountable for all department operations for both campuses. Ensures the delivery of consistently accessible, high performing facilities in adherence to economically responsible budget principles.
• Provides mentorship and supervision to Facilities staff. Facilitates education and training to develop staff.
• Develops and administers budget for maintenance, renewal and replacement projects and general facility operations on both campuses.
• Administers procurement and contracting processes related to Facilities and Operations.
• Establishes or reviews and updates the range of F&O policies and procedures as well as standard protocols
• Contributes to campus planning initiatives.
• Additional duties as required in support of department or college goals and objectives.
20% of Time Responsibilities
• Core Facilities Operations: Directs day-to-day campus facility operations through several (between 2 and 4) direct reports plus one or more contracted service providers. Personally, and through direct reports, manages service delivery including coordination, prioritization and scheduling of maintenance and related projects, tracks and monitors progress through CMMS and project management system. Through direct reports, directs and coordinates crews (both staff and student work study) in organizing, and completing projects, including vendor and contractor services. Coordinates workflow and scheduling of activities with direct reports. Personally, or through direct reports:
• Directs facilities services provided to campuses and oversees vendor and contract services.
• Assesses and prioritizes service requests and integrates with preventative maintenance activities.
• Develops work plan and schedule and communicates with facilities staff and clients.
• Works with the Facilities Manager (Oakland) and Operations Coordinator (SF) to schedule and coordinate activities in support of core facilities operations and budget for resources, including refresh and renewal campus work during academic breaks.
• Tracks and monitors progress and results of facilities services provided. Ensures all activities are recorded in CMMS and benchmarks performance to ensure standards are met. Incorporates end user feedback into performance of facilities and operations work by department.
• Identifies short term and long term maintenance, renewal and renovation and construction projects and works with the VP of Operations and Campus Planning to bring such projects to fruition and successful completion.
• Supports Instructional Fabrication staff in maintenance and operation of shops equipment as required.
• In conjunction with SF Campus construction activities, works with the appropriate CCA project/construction manager to assure that facilities and operations activities are coordinated with construction activities as required.
30% of Time Responsibilities
• Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP) Systems oversight: Maintains a thorough knowledge of all MEP and controls systems on both campuses to assure that all MEP systems are functioning appropriately and safely at all times. This includes Fire Protection and Fire alarm systems.
• Assesses all existing MEP systems and controls to assure a thorough understanding of the functionality of all systems and to understand system requirements.
• Based on assessment, plan and maintain a 5 year regular maintenance and upgrade plan as well as an annual preventive maintenance program to assure that all systems are maintained and improved to meet user needs.
• Work with the Operations Manager (SF) and Facilities Manager (Oakland) at the respective campuses to enhance their understanding of the campus building systems.
• Assess need for contracted versus in-house MEP services; work to select and oversee MEP contracted services contracts in collaboration with the Operations and Facilities Managers to maintain the most efficient and cost effective building systems for both campuses.
• Assures that accurate as-built plans MEP plans for all buildings are maintained; also assures that accurate records are maintained of all MEP equipment and all service/maintenance on all such equipment.
• In collaboration with the Operations Manager and the Facilities Manager, assures that all required inspections, etc are performed in required time frames and that all necessary permits, certifications, etc are current at all times for all system and system elements.
5% of Time Responsibilities
• Event and Campus Programming Support: Facilities and Operations provides support of curricular and extracurricular programming and campus events. Coordinates with, and assures that, the Operations Manager and the Facilities Manager:
• Regularly consult with internal and external event planners, Auxiliary Services, Communications and Marketing, Advancement, facilities technicians and any other involved parties to facilitate well organized, safe and successful events.
• Communicate Facilities and Operations Department policies and ensures appropriate use guidelines are understood and enforced.
• Coordinate with event schedules and establish facility staffing plans to ensure service delivery.
• In conjunction with SF Campus construction activities, work with the appropriate CCA project/construction manager to assure that events and campus programming are coordinated with construction activities as required.
10% of Time Responsibilities
• Sustainability: Supports sustainability and environmentally friendly practices across the College from a Facilities and Operations Perspective.
• Works with various departments throughout CCA to provide support for sustainable initiatives.
• Oversees sustainable and environmentally friendly practices within Facilities and Operations including but not limited to: types and quantities of products and materials used; purchasing practices; providing information to the community about facilities initiatives.
• Oversee energy usage across both campuses and work with Operations Manager and Facilities Manager to optimize efficiencies of energy use.
• Oversee water usage on both campuses and work with Operations and Facilities Manager to be aware of any usage anomalies and implement water saving measures where possible.
• This position will initially supervise three direct reports – Operations Manager (SF), Facilities Manager (Oakland) and Operations Coordinator. In addition, this position will directly oversee a contracted MEP/HVAC service provider.
• Baccalaureate degree from a college or university in a field such preferably in engineering or a closely related field. At least 10 years experience with MEP and HVAC equipment, in particular. At least 7 years experience in facilities management, project management, or similar management function that demonstrates the ability to not only perform the duties of the position as described but grow with the institution.
• Demonstrated experience directing and coordinating staff and other resources in scheduling, organizing, and completing projects. Experience managing a range of shifting duties and responsibilities while maintaining a consistent, professional and service oriented demeanor. Must possess significant personnel, project, and budget management experience. Have knowledge of best practices in facilities and/or construction management. Understand commercial building systems, materials, and tools and familiarity with some or all of the following software types: CMMS, BIM, CADD, events management, project management and general Google platforms.
• Ability to work in a culturally-competent manner. Experience working within a higher education, arts-based, and/or non-profit environment preferred. Ability to work across all levels of an organization with an emphasis on quality of service.
• Must be an ambitious, goal-oriented, problem solver; excited to shape and test solutions in a dynamic environment, passionate about data driven decision-making, and be up to the challenge of giving meaning to analytics in a visual arts environment. Demonstrated ability to use, assess, and acquire new technology and applications to enhance daily workflow.
Please address any questions to mailto:email@example.com
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1988541.
Job Opening ID: 38183