4 Year Liberal Arts College
Reporting to the Vice President for Campus Services, the Director, Capital Projects will manage and direct Barnard College’s capital program. The incumbent will manage a staff of project managers to deliver planning, programming, design, and construction of capital projects on schedule and within budget. Anticipated project expenditures for all phases of work are $35 million over three years. Extensive collaboration is necessary with all affected departments within Barnard, as well as outside regulatory agencies and other local stakeholders.
• Project Management: Manage capital projects as assigned; incumbent will perform project management duties as necessary in addition to oversight of other project managers. During the term of the position, capital work is anticipated to consist primarily of infrastructure improvements and deferred maintenance work. Develop scope and program as necessary to meet project goals. Manage selection and assignment of architect and engineers, and ensure collaborative design processes. Determine project delivery methods, such as design-bid-build, design-build, or construction manager at risk. Develop and socialize project schedules. Develop and verify project budgets. Ensure competitive procurement and manage all financial controls. Oversee construction phase, develop quality control programs, and ensure proper site safety. Develop and manage turnover process to Operations & Maintenance for completed projects.
• Planning: Develop planning studies as necessary to inform the capital program. Manage consultant selection processes. Studies may include facility condition assessments, landscape master plan, life safety master plan, and accessibility survey. Develop and regularly update Barnard’s capital plan, ensuring total program financials conform to the college’s multi-year capital investment capacity.
• Program Management: Create tools and methods for successful program implementation. Develop policies and procedures, manage storage and organization of building plans and project documents, and develop project guidelines and standards.
• Personnel Management: Manage a team of project managers. Create clear performance expectations and provide frequent performance feedback. Ensure project management coverage based on vacation schedules and time out of the office. Provide personnel development and mentoring for successful performance outcomes.
• Communications/Collaboration: Perform frequent and robust communications related to all activities. Develop platforms for communication as necessary to inform community members of project implications, including noise, dust, and inconveniences such as temporary moves. Ensure collaborative means of developing project programs and designs. Create presentations, summaries, or other information as necessary for the communication of project information to any audience.
• Other Duties as Assigned: Perform miscellaneous tasks as necessary for the demonstrated successful implementation assigned duties. Perform administrative tasks as necessary for paperwork and recordkeeping management. Perform data analysis as necessary or requested. Respond to emergencies as necessary. Represent Barnard College as necessary and participate in training activities to keep maintain professional knowledge of evolving regulatory requirements.
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture; or equivalent combination of experience and expertise. – Min 7 years of relevant experience in capital program or project management at least 2 years’ supervisory/management experience
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/