Salary: $64,581 - $96,027/annually
Reference Number: 37146
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud State University is a public, regional comprehensive university, serving nearly 12,000 students at the bachelors, masters and doctoral levels. SCSU is located in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
Our mission is fundamentally grounded in our tradition of providing post-secondary education opportunities to improve the economic, social and cultural vitality of Minnesota and its people. We are committed to creating a forward-looking educational environment that prepares our students with the knowledge and skills for life in the 21st Century, which requires both professional preparation and a strong liberal arts education.
We believe we have met this challenge with Our Husky Compact – the essential and cross-cutting attributes of a St. Cloud State University education. More than a set of learning outcomes, Our Husky Compact is a commitment that we make to our students and our students make to their education. Underpinning Our Husky Compact is the belief that our students learn over time and across and beyond the curriculum. Intellectual and personal growth occur when students are exposed to broad and specialized knowledge and invited to apply it – through research, service and community-based learning, internships, learning communities, collaborative experiences – to where they live and work.
The Director of Analytics & Institutional Research provides leadership for the Office of Analytics and Institutional Research and directs the overall data strategy for St. Cloud State University. The position ensures the institutional research and business intelligence systems and functions meet the decision-making needs of SCSU senior leadership and management teams and leads and directs institutional research, business intelligence, data analytics and management information to inform executive-level and operational decision-making on an annual agenda of topics of strategic importance to the institution. The position leads a multi-unit and multi-functional business intelligence and data analytics team and serves as the Chief Data Officer for the University.
• BA/BS degree from an accredited institution in an analytical, research-related field, such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, information systems, higher education, business, social sciences or related field
• 5 years of current working experience in institutional research, data analytics, or business intelligence, including hands-on data analysis
• Knowledge of a statistical analysis tools such as SPSS, SAS, R, or JMP and data warehousing, relational databases, and SQL programming
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously from inception through execution and evaluation, creating clearly defined, measurable, and attainable project objectives, building project requirements, overseeing the cost, time and scope of projects, managing project constraints, and communicating progress and end results
• Customer service skills sufficient to actively listen to and understand customer needs and provide accurate information and appropriate alternatives in a timely, thorough, courteous, respectful, and professional manner in person, over the phone and in writing
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Master’s degree preferred
• Experience with Microsoft’s Business Intelligence stack, including PowerBI
• Experience in a medium or large data warehouse environment, including building and maintaining • • SQL queries and reports; performing quality checks and validations of data reports, and developing and maintaining procedural documentation
Vice President for Planning & Engagement
Applicants must apply through the State of Minnesota careers portal: https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/search-for-jobs/. And searching for Job ID is 37146