Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University’s Office of Mapping and Space Information (MSI) collects, analyzes and
reports facilities, land use, and related spatial data to support and enhance the academic, research,
and service missions of Texas A&M University and the Texas A&M University System agencies. The
Office of Mapping and Space Information includes 10 staff members with diverse backgrounds and
interests. Our department values, nurtures, and respects all members of its community and ensures
an environment where all associates are inspired and empowered to achieve their full potential.
The Director is responsible for leading operations and activities of the Office of Mapping and Space Information, including: directing building and land use inventories and plans; developing campus maps, maintaining building floor plans and other facilities and land related data; supervising assigned staff; directing the compilation, updating and reporting of land use information for TAMU and System-wide locations as required, as well as reporting to State and Federal agencies; and providing facilities-related spatial data support to University departments and organizations. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ten years of progressively responsible experience in large-scale facilities management and administration, including supervisory experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
• Ability to lead an organization through process improvements
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
• Promotes and contributes to a safe working environment by reporting accidents and unsafe working conditions, uses proper protective equipment, follows safety procedures, and participates in safety training. Completes all applicable Federal, State of Texas, System, and University training requirements in a timely manner.
• Higher education facilities experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency in Windows, Excel, and database software
• Familiar with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board facilities data requirements and with CAD-based software
• Knowledge of Crystal Reports software
For more information and to apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMU_External/job/College-Station-TAMU/Director–Mapping—Space-Information_R-026703
TAMU Application, Cover Letter, Resume