Reference Number: 118143646
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Construction Management position. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Facilities and Construction Management, the Director of Construction Management oversees all construction activities. The Director provides leadership and direction for all personnel working on construction projects including construction and project managers, staff, and contractors. This position is responsible for overall facilities projects, space and project planning, construction management, and outfitting projects. This position serves as the primary customer contact for construction projects and provides leadership in the capital planning process and in the prioritization and management of departmental projects.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
• College-paid life and disability insurance
• College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
• Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
• Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
• 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
• Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
• College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
• Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of management experience within facilities operations and construction management required.
• Previous experience using CAD, CAFM, Project and MS software required.
• Previous management experience, including oversight of external architect, engineering and construction teams is required.
• Strong organizational management and scheduling skills are required in dealing with multiple projects in meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
• Strong project management skills as demonstrated through experience in managing facilities and construction projects from planning stages through occupancy are required.
• Previous experience and expertise with design-bid-build procurement strategies is required.
• Previous experience managing budgets required.
• Previous experience in the coordination of efforts with state and local authorities for code and construction approvals required.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully completing complex construction projects in a project team lead role required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, Architecture or other related fields is preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, Construction Management, or related field preferred.
• Experience managing the operations of multiple buildings/campus facilities and construction projects preferred.
• Professionally licensed/PA registered Engineer and/or LEED AP preferred.
• Work experience in higher education setting preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4vv3nt7pskf6s5xr