Salary: All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
Reference Number: 506439
University of Massachusetts Boston
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, or membership in any other protected class. The University of Massachusetts Boston complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University’s teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews.
The Director of Campus Master Planning, under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Management (AVCFM) and in collaboration with other VCAF departments, such as the Office of Budget and Financial Planning (OBFP), will work directly with University senior administration, as well as state and local agencies, academic and administrative units, appointed committees, hired consultants, community groups and other outside stakeholders in the development and execution of the University’s Campus Master Plan. In addition, the Director of Campus Master Planning will also coordinate and provide organizational support for general campus space programming, various feasibility studies and campus capital projects.
Examples of Duties:
• In partnership with Academic Affairs Departments, Administration and Finance Departments, and other University Departments; provide organization and coordination for the development and implementation of the University’s Campus Master Plan;
• Work directly with the Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) and the University of Massachusetts Building Authority (UMBA) on capital projects, ensuring that the goals and objectives of the Master Plan and related capital projects are met;
• Oversee the activities of appointed university committees involved in the development of guidelines and standards for the various aspects of the master plan;
• Provide direction to consultants engaged in campus master planning activities;
• Prepare materials to brief senior University administrators, as well as academic and administrative leaders on the status and progress of the master plan;
• Develop presentations and materials for the Master Plan and capital project communication to constituencies;
• With others in the Facilities Management department, coordinate regulatory permitting and approval processes related to the implementation of the master plan;
• Collaborate with outside agencies and community groups on the development and implementation of campus plans and projects;
• Collaborate on capital projects from conception, request for proposals (RF)P through design;
• Develop recommendations and implements strategies that improve campus master planning;
• Provide campus master planning analysis for a wide range of University stakeholders;
• Participate in space management and provides recommendations to the administration on space allocations;
• Oversee the daily operations of the Office of Campus Master Planning and any staff assigned;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in a management, planning or financial area preferred, and a minimum of five-seven (5-7) years of experience, preferably in a public agency or higher education setting at the policy or management level is required.
• Familiarity with University campus master planning programs preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Superior knowledge of personal computer hardware and software;
• Demonstrated ability to deal with the public in an effective manner, as well as maintain a co-operative relationship with on-site departments and external constituents;
• Ability to effectively manage complex projects;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Strong problem solving and presentation skills;
• Strong commitment to customer service.
This is a non-union position.
For more information, or to apply, please visit: https://employmentopportunities.umb.edu/boston/en-us/job/506439/director-campus-master-planning
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three references.