Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
Academic Assessment and Planning
• Collaborate with leadership team to establish and maintain an effective and efficient strategic vision for operational leadership in response to the needs of the community, the requirements of the state, and college and program accrediting associations.
• Provide direction to faculty and deans on appropriate use of program and instructor level data and to ensure faculty accountability around assessment.
• Provide leadership for faculty in Faculty Assessment Coordinating Team (FACT) and program review processes.
• Lead student learning assessment and learning outcomes and program assessment for Academic and Student Affairs.
• Guides faculty and administrators through the process of research, selection and development of new degrees and programs (including Baccalaureate degrees.)
• Coordinates and advises efforts to improve curriculum, administration, services, viability and evaluation of new and existing programs.
• Oversee Instructional components of faculty and student exchanges and agreements and serve as liaison with Global Initiatives Office.
• In collaboration with International Programs, develop and maintain Instructional components of institutional relationships with other learning institutions.
• Support the integration of global initiatives in the academic program.
Supervision of classroom space and curriculum management
• Supervise team that schedules and maintains instructional spaces and curriculum management.
• Establish and implement practices, procedures, and standards for the efficient and effective operation of assigned functions, to achieve goals with budgeted resources and available personnel.
• Identify, prioritize, and approve budget requests, adjustments, and transfers.
• Develop practice and procedure for the scheduling of classroom spaces.
• Coordinate with faculty, Division Operations Directors (DoDs), academic schedules, events staff, and Administrative Services Staff to ensure equitable processes.
• Supervision duties include selecting staff, providing training and development, evaluating performance, resolving grievances, and taking corrective action.
Academic Affairs Leadership
• Serves as part of the Academic Affairs Leadership Team.
• Provides leadership for college initiatives, data implementation, strategic enrollment management and consensus building.
• Collaborates on the establishment of the vision and goals for Academic Affairs.
• Maintains currency in Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) policy and procedure.
• Represents Academic Affairs and Bellevue College to campus, local and state constituents.
• Participates in Campus Governance.
• Manage student complaints that come to academic affairs.
• Liaise with student conduct to integrate academic and co-curricular conduct management.
• Support students in navigation of the academic complaints process.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-to-year basis.
• Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience with managing complex and diverse organizational units with competing needs.
• Two (2) years of experience teaching in a higher education setting.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse academic environment.
• Knowledge of Curriculum Development and Design.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1934735