|Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.|
• Design and build, normalize, relational databases, data warehouses, or staging areas.
• Create data models and implement database structures and functional capabilities for custom applications, enterprise systems, data transfers.
• Develop ETL (extract, transform, load) solutions and implement optimal data solutions.
• Address and resolve issues including SQL job monitoring, troubleshooting and fixing database issues.
• Manage storage, backups, restoration.
• Migrate data from legacy systems.
• Partner with the Effectiveness and Strategic Planning department to provide consultation on data requests for state and federal reporting along with reporting related to business decisions for students, administration and instruction.
• Assess and revise database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with state and federal regulations.
• Analyze performance of current databases and prioritize upgrades or changes to optimize performance.
• Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
• Recommend and implement solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
• Map the systems and interfaces used to manage data, sets standards for data management, analyzes current state and conceives desired future state, and conceives projects.
• Work with internal staff to identify business priorities and needs for project development.
• Work with external vendors and internal business and technology staff to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications, and database models to determine appropriate development solutions, including ETL and statistical modeling.
• Maintain high-level data architecture documentation and create and maintain data mapping documents.
• Identify and collect all required data, validate process and recommend improvements to institutional data.
• Maintain meta data information to help manage resources, resource type, permissions, and when and how the data was created
• Evaluate new techniques and trends in managing enterprise data.
• Make presentations as necessary; participate and represent Bellevue College in state-wide discussions.
• Educate staff members through training and individual support so that users are empowered to address issues independently from ITS.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field or equivalent experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Seven (7) years’ working experience as a data engineer, architecture, or analyst.
• Five (5) years’ experience with advanced MS SQL development including T-SQL.
• Five (5) years’ experience Microsoft database technologies: SQL, SSIS, SSRS.
• Experience with data analysis practices and techniques.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience translating complex problems and implementing solutions.
|To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1934181|