Portland Community College
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
Coordinator, Strategic Planning (Part-time)
Temporary through June 30, 2020
Portland Community College is seeking a strong Strategic Planning Coordinator for the District. This is a temporary, part-time position through June 30, 2020.
Under the direction of the Executive Vice President, the Strategic Planning Coordinator will ensure that the multiple cross-functional teams across the College meet strategic planning-related timelines and deliverables effectively and efficiently. In addition to determining project benchmarks and tracks, and monitoring/measuring progress and outcomes, this position will coordinate and facilitate communication with a variety of stakeholders groups. The Strategic Planning Coordinator will report on strategic planning activity, and perform outreach to external parties, consultants and stakeholders across District. In additional to PCC leadership and staff, the Coordinator will collaborate with two external consultants engaged in PCC’s strategic planning initiatives
The successful incumbent will demonstrate strong project management, strategic planning and communication skills, and a commitment to maintaining a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion and intercultural competency in all aspects of their work.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of and an important role that you would like to play for Portland Community College, please review the qualifications for this position below and apply today!
The specific hours and schedule for this position will be determined upon hire (ranging between 0.5 FTE and 0.75 FTE). There may be some flexibility to work from home, but the incumbent must be available to work in the Portland area (not fully-remote). Some evening meetings may also be scheduled.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
• Demonstrated project management expertise, including experience within a large, complex organization
• Culturally responsive communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal – and demonstrated success communicating complex data and information to diverse stakeholders at all levels
• Experience with a large-scale strategic planning initiative, with demonstrated success leading the project management of operationalizing the strategic vision into the organization
• Collaborative and professional approach to successful stakeholder management; including managing internal and external stakeholders effectively
• Demonstrates an understanding of the value of diversity, equity and inclusion, and can show the impact of this understanding on their professional work
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
• Bachelor’s degree in administration, higher education, communication, technology field, project management or related field
• Four (4) years of progressively responsible, professional experience related to project or program management
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.
For best consideration apply by 8/16/2019. Applications received after this date are not guaranteed a review.
For additional information and to apply, please visit https://pcc.csod.com/ats/