Salary: The budgeted salary amount is $47,634 – $59,542.
Reference Number: 605436
For more information about Northern Arizona University visit www.nau.edu
The Lumberjack Engagement Center (LEC) Coordinator will play a key role in helping Northern Arizona University (NAU) build a strong culture of philanthropy. This position is part of the Annual Giving team, which is responsible for soliciting and stewarding ongoing and sustaining gifts from all NAU’s individual constituencies – alumni, parents, faculty, retirees, staff, current students, and friends. This position oversees all operations of the LEC, including the student call center, texting program, and video outreach program.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who enjoys working collaboratively with students and staff in a fast-paced environment. As the LEC team leader, candidates should have excellent supervisory, motivational, and training skills, with experience in mentoring staff and creating a team environment.
The dynamics of the position require perseverance, optimism, flexibility, and an ability to think strategically. The position also requires comfort with data analysis and data-driven decision making. As the LEC is seen as a forward-looking, innovative enterprise, the ideal candidate will bring creative ideas to continue to propel the program to new levels of success; their ideas and voice will be an integral component to the overall Annual Giving strategy and multi-channel approach.
A key component of this position will be to develop a new program in the call center that supports leadership annual giving ($1000+) efforts. This will involve identifying and training a subset of elite student callers who will carry a “portfolio” of donors.
This position is located on our Flagstaff campus and requires work on some evenings and some weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage strategy, execution, budget, and daily activities of the LEC, including phonathon, texting program, and video outreach, ensuring a high level of solicitation, stewardship, and engagement success with NAU constituents.
• Set calling, texting, and video outreach segments, priorities, calendar, and standards for success; monitor and report on performance of the LEC at the program and individual employee level on a regular basis; assess statistics and data to develop and recommend new and/or improved methods as needed.
• Develop and implement program to support Leadership Annual Giving efforts, including identifying and training a small group of callers to interact with, steward and solicit leadership annual giving level gifts ($1000+).
• Staff management, including recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, payroll processing, training/coaching, evaluating, mentoring, and supervising of approximately 40 employees (1-2 student coordinators, 3-4 student managers, and 30-35 student callers); provide resources and growth opportunities for student staff, ensuring success at the LEC and in their future careers.
• Serve as a full collaborating member of the Advancement | Foundation and Annual Giving teams, including participating in meetings regarding communications, strategic planning, Giving Day, and other special projects; work with team members to ensure the LEC phonathon, texting, and video outreach efforts complement and align with the overall multi-channel campaigns (including mail, email, social media, and other appropriate channels).
• Work with IT/Telecom staff on any technical problems, upgrades, or changes within the LEC; work with outside vendors on LEC software issues, upgrades, or acquisitions; work with other campus partners such as deans and college development officers gathering relevant information as resource material for LEC employees; work with partners in Alumni Engagement on special outreach projects.
• Assist with the Student Giving Program efforts and outreach, including the Student Philanthropy Council.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of NAU and Advancement | Foundation priorities, so as to articulate a compelling case for support to all constituents; maintain a strong knowledge of leading industry practices to keep abreast of current trends in annual giving and development.
• Work on special projects (fundraising or otherwise) as needed.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Diversity and NAU’s Affirmative Action Plan.
June 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Associates degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
NAU Human Resources
Resume, Cover Letter