California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under the general direction of the Associate Director, the incumbent independently determines Campus Tours and Visitor’s Information Center (VIC) approaches in addition to data collecting techniques in order to meet established goals. Performs complex and in-depth analysis of student outcomes. This position oversees campus tour guides, and is responsible for scheduling, training and daily implementation of group and prospective tours in addition to coordination and oversight of the Visitor’s Information Center
Additionally, the incumbent plans, develops and conducts assessment, provides individual student advisement, group advisement, college readiness seminars and conducts recruitment visits at high school and community colleges.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of:
– CSU undergraduate admission standards – CSU and CSUDH enrollment policies
– Enrollment Management Platform (EMP)
– Developmental preparation requirements for incoming first-year students including, but not limited to, the Early Assessment ProgramSkills:
– Advising and counseling students in individual and group settings
– Excellent Public Speaking
– Communicating effectively in writing
– Time, Organization and Project management
– Bias toward collaboration and teamwork
– Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolutionAbility:
– Provide exceptional customer service to all constituents
– Manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously with minimal supervision
– Delegate responsibilities and tasks to team members
– Travel and work some evenings and weekends as needed
– Work in a highly automated environment
Specialized Materials: General office equipment, personal computer, MS Office suite, PeopleSoft, audio/visual equipment, electric cart, Enrollment Management Platform CRM, Onbase. Have access to a car with current registration and automobile insurance to travel to work-related events.
Experience and Education: