Reference Number: 5966
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
The Ann Arbor office is looking for a Planner to join our nationally-recognized, award-winning campus planning team.
Working with us, you will:
• Collaborate with diverse teams of interdisciplinary professionals to complete campus planning projects.
• Participate in team meetings involving internal colleagues, consultants, and/or clients, share findings and recommendations with meeting participants.
• Work closely and collaboratively with team leadership to communicate planning issues, opportunities, and recommendations to a wide variety of stakeholders as part of public meetings.
• Integrate planning elements such as academic/research/student life redevelopment opportunities, social justice, transportation, green infrastructure, open space,, sustainability, and resiliency into plans and designs.
• Coordinate effectively with all technical professionals – including internal teammates, subconsultants and client technical staff – to assemble, process and analyze a highly diverse range of data.
• Support production of project presentations, plan reports and all project deliverables to ensure an integrated and cohesive outcome.
• Create graphics for inclusion in marketing proposals and materials to support business development efforts.
An ideal candidate has:
• A master’s or bachelor’s degree in urban planning, urban design, landscape architecture, architecture, or related field of study
• 6 to 10 years of experience in urban and/or campus design and planning
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with complex data sets and creating highly graphic deliverables using 2D programs including AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and ArcGIS; and 3D programs including Sketchup, along with Microsoft Office suite.
• Desired, but optional complimentary skills:
o Experience creating highly graphic deliverables in more advanced 3D programs including Rhino, Lumion, Grasshopper, 3Ds Max
o Licensure in applicable field of study
Please apply on our website at:
Cover letter, Resume and Portfolio of work