Bellevue College is a student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
|Business Management (BUS), Assistant (Tenure-Track) Professor R20027|
Teaching and Program responsibilities include:
• Teach three 5-credit classes per quarter in the fall, winter, and spring quarters; or an equivalent course load, with class sizes of 36 to 42 students.
• Teach courses both in traditional classrooms and online environments.
• Maintain current knowledge and skills in business administration.
• Maintain currency and relevancy of program curriculum via trainings, professional development, and certification, as required.
• Create and revise course materials, including varied assessments of student knowledge.
• Design and facilitate learning experiences centered on student needs and interests by using varied instruction methods and resources.
• Assess student learning outcomes using a variety of assessment methods.
• Hold at least five weekly office hours and generally assist students one-on-one both through electronic media and in-person.
• Use data, self-reflection and student/colleague feedback to revise instruction, improve student success, and better serve all students including historically underserved, underrepresented, or marginalized student populations (e.g. students with disabilities, student of color, first generation college students, LBGTQIA+ students, Veterans, English language learners, etc.).
• Grade and/or provide useful feedback to students in a way that promotes student understanding and improvement and assign overall course grades.
• Foster a positive, equitable learning environment where diversity and pluralism are advanced.
• Promote IBIT programs and recruit students from a culturally diverse population.
• Promote teaching and learning excellence in the Business Management program.
• Participate in advising by providing ongoing academic and career guidance to students to improve student success.
Curricular, Professional Development, and Campus Governance responsibilities include:
• Participate in curriculum design, assessment, and revisions aimed at 1) improvement of course relevancy and 2) promotion of educational equity in the classroom.
• Engage in professional-development opportunities on-and-off campus to maintain currency in applications, research and teaching methodology, and to stay up-to-date on campus programs and policies.
• Contribute to the department through service such as textbook selection, curriculum design, feedback regarding department policies and procedures, program and course-level effectiveness assessments, mentoring of adjunct faculty, and more.
• Contribute to the division, college, and community, such as through representation of faculty and department interests on division-wide and campus-wide committees.
• Participate in campus-wide efforts to dismantle barriers that can impact underrepresented and historically marginalized student populations.
• Provide responsible and compassionate guidance and advising to students as they navigate courses and college systems.
• Contribute to division outreach efforts in the community.
• Perform other reasonable duties and functions assigned as needed.
Community responsibilities include:
• Develop and recruit advisory committee members and meet with potential employers.
• Consult and/or collaborate with colleagues at other colleges, businesses, or professional organizations.
• Represent the college in community events or statewide inter-institutional initiatives.
• A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution, or, a Bachelor’s Degree in a related business discipline from an accredited institution plus five (5) years industry experience at a management level.
• Five (5) years of current industry experience in business with an MBA, or 10 years of current industry experience without an MBA.
• Ability to clearly describe current regional, national, and international trends and approaches in business.
• One (1) year experience teaching at the college level or leading industry training in a corporate environment in business.
• Effective oral and written communication skills consistent with business industry standards. Ability to communicate with diverse audiences about business in professional level English.
• Demonstrated experience working collegially with diverse colleagues in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
|To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1929140|