Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Reference Number: 22ST1842
Rutgers University–Camden is a diverse, research-intensive campus of approximately 7,400 undergraduate and graduate students and 1,100 faculty and staff members located in Camden, N.J., directly across the Delaware River from Philadelphia. The campus thrives with a supportive culture that helps students achieve their goals and fosters collaboration among employees. The university is recognized as a national model for civically engaged urban universities and was selected by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement classification. Washington Monthly magazine consistently ranks Rutgers University–Camden among its “Best Bang for the Buck” universities and best national research universities. Recently, Rutgers–Camden earned Carnegie classification as an R2 research university.
The Rutgers School of Business-Camden’s mission is to develop ethical, inclusive, and transformative business leaders. As one of two leading business schools in Rutgers University, RSBC is deeply entrenched as a key partner with South Jersey corporations and communities. Our excellent faculty are subject matter experts whose intellectual contributions enrich academia and the practice of business. RSBC’s graduate and undergraduate programs reflect a healthy mix of on-campus and online programs that develop our workforce and future leaders with most current business knowledge and practice.
Our commitment to diversity is reflected in our student, faculty, and staff, as well as how we create an inclusive environment that delivers rich learning opportunities and experiences and cares for the whole person. RSBC’s location provides access to more than 30 Fortune 500 companies in the New Jersey-Philadelphia region. The Small Business Development Center and Executive Education units provide value-added partnerships with corporate and community stakeholders that enrich both our teaching and research. The integration of excellence in teaching, research, and service positions RSBC as a powerhouse at a regional and national level.
The Budget Manager II reports directly to the Dean of the Rutgers School of Business–Camden (RSBC), and indirectly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Budget and Finance at Rutgers University–Camden. This position provides high-level budget, forecasting, financial and business modelling, variance analysis, and reconciliation support for the school. This position assumes responsibility for direction and management of RSBC’s finances and business functions. In addition to regular oversight, the Budget Manager II is charged with the improvement of business processes and practices; and provides guidance and training to faculty, staff, and administrators as required in RSBC on university financial systems, processes, and operations, as needed. This position will also be responsible for special projects and initiatives as they relate to the finance operations of the school.
As a member of the Dean’s Cabinet, major responsibilities for this position include overseeing all financial operations; overseeing all financial planning and analysis; providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end budget reports for all program areas; reconciling all financial activity; and providing input for strategic decisions based on financial modelling of business scenarios and enrollment and budget forecasting, including “what if” scenarios. They will be a partner to all of the leadership of RSBC in regular operations of the school.
The position ensures that the school’s financial procedures and policies are conducted in compliance with University’s regulations including:
• Financial oversight, which encompasses accounting, cash accounting, financing, budgeting, grant accounting, and faculty practice
• Administration, purchasing (i.e., approving and processing expenses for travel, business, equipment, and supplies), and journal entry transactions
• Oversight and authorization of transactions using the People Soft HCM system.
• Oversight of all scholarship activity from offer to application to the student’s term bill, including institutional and internal scholarships
• Development of relational databases to collect/sort/ report data and metrics (e.g., admissions, enrollments, head count, retention, faculty usage, etc.) for financial and operational forecasting and budgeting
• Preparation and implementation of the RSBC’s working budget, monthly projections, and monthly
• Preparation of special reports, as needed, for assessment and evaluation purposes
The incumbent will work closely and build strong relationships with partners in various areas of university finance and accounting divisions, Internal Audit, Purchasing, Human Resources, Payroll, Financial Aid, and any other department(s) that will provide key information, services, or resources. The Budget Manager II will manage a team of business support staff and will be charged with their daily supervision, training, and development.
The incumbent must work independently with minimal supervision and call upon the above resources, as needed. The incumbent must also produce professional work, including reports and presentations, that will require:
1. Detailed, specialized knowledge in one or several fields of accounting/finance
2. The ability to build a comprehensive knowledge of RSBC, the Camden Campus, and University as it relates to structure, operations, strategies, and objectives
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required, along with a minimum of five additional years of relevant work experience in related areas.
• Must have a demonstrated capacity for managing multiple projects under deadlines.
• Experience in fund accounting
• Experience supervising and training employees
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting principles and processes
• Knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures, and requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of fiscal control systems and procedures related to the safeguarding of institutional funds
• Ability to articulate strategies and implement policy
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and/or projections
• Knowledge, experience, and interest in data modelling, financial analytics, and forecasting is critical
• Excellent communication and professional leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with a diverse range of constituencies
• Skilled in the use of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial data, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections
• A record of thoughtful customer services skills, with an emphasis on collaboration and solving problems while balancing the need for internal control
• Attention to detail and the ability to exercise diplomacy and discretion are essential.
• Must have excellent analytical, organizational, oral communication, and writing skills.
• Master’s degree in accounting and/or finance or MBA
• Prior knowledge of Rutgers University accounting/budgeting and business management processes or similar experience in a higher education is a plus
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite and advanced Excel and Access skills
• Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Availability to work evenings and occasional weekends.
Apply Here: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/165510
Resume/CV – Cover Letter/Letter of Application – List of Professional References (contact Info)