Reference Number: 1315210
Benefits Support Coordinator – Non-Exempt (Administrative Support Coordinator I), Payroll Services and Benefits
Recruitment # 3409
California State University Dominguez Hills was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University System. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of approximately 14,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Conditions of Employment:
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Possession of a valid Driver’s License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver’s license and reflects driving record.
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Payroll Services and Benefits
Payroll Services audits and processes all documents necessary to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and wages to all faculty, staff, students, and other employees. Benefits processes all documents necessary to ensure accurate and timely processing of benefit enrollments, changes, and cancellation of coverage. The related documentation includes, but is not limited to, appointments, changes employment status, leave, separations, garnishments, levies, subpoenas, employment verifications and attendance records. Payroll Services and Benefits is primarily a customer service and compliance unit of CSU Dominguez Hills and is responsible for recording and reporting the payroll and benefit transactions, including analysis, maintenance of all data related to and retained in both the Oracle and PIMS database.
Major Job Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Payroll and Benefits Manager, the Benefits Support Coordinator provides high quality customer service to staff, faculty, MPP, and student employees requesting benefits assistance from the Payroll Services and Benefits Department. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with organizing, monitoring, and performing clerical administrative support pertaining to benefits and other miscellaneous duties. The incumbent will provide excellent, timely, efficient, and responsive service to campus community. This includes and is not limited to providing information regarding eligibility, benefit provisions, rates, enrollments, claims procedures for the mandatory, state-financed and voluntary benefits programs which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Dependent/Health Care Reimbursement Accounts, Flex Cash Reimbursement Program, Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability Programs, Deferred Retirement Accounts, Voluntary Insurance Programs, Industrial and Non-Industrial Insurance all regulatory programs; such as; Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Patient Protection and Affordability Care Act (PPACA)and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). The incumbent also will assist in providing support services to operate and maintain benefits processing using the CMS PeopleSoft HR system, MyCalPERS, and PIMS/CIRS Query.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– HR/Personnel issues, methods, and procedures related to business administration and customer service techniques
– Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
– University policies and procedures
– COBRA, HIPPA, and FMLA polices
– Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and municipal regulations as they relate to human resources
– Work with representatives from public and private entities and reflect a positive image
– Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
– Effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handles highly sensitive, personal situations
– Work independently, self-starter
– Multi-task and handle multiple priorities and projects
– Set priorities and meet critical deadlines
– Use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist
– Assist in the implementation, administration, and communication of employee benefit plans
– Follow all University policies, procedures and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security and non-discrimination policies and procedures
– Design electronic or hard copy communications
– Initiative and innovation in solving problems
– Perform business math and make accurate projections requiring some inference
– Highly motivated
– Computer literate using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
– Fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignment
– Working with all groups, at all levels of the organization
– Orientation towards customer service and demonstrated ability with following-up on commitments.
Specialized Materials: Microsoft Office software, Outlook, PeopleSoft HR, PIMS/CIRS Query, copier, fax machine, scanner, and multi-telephone system.
Experience and Education:
Required Education: Equivalent to high school or technical/vocational program
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field is desirable.
Required Experience: Minimum of three years related office work experience in Benefits or Human Resources.
Preferred Experience: Benefits experience in a University setting preferred.
The salary range for this classification is: $2,846 – $4,998 monthly
How to apply: You can only apply by completing an electronic application at the campus job web site at http://apptrkr.com/1315210. Click on “view job opportunities” under “New and returning applicants.” View the list of jobs and click on the one with the job title listed above. The application deadline is: Monday, October 29, 2018
CSU Dominguez Hills is an Equal Opportunity /ADA Employer.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Human Resources Management
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747