McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for details.
The Associate Vice President (AVP) for Facilities Management oversees planning, operational and budgetary activities for the following units: Physical Plant, Maintenance, Custodial, Grounds, Project Management, Fleet Management, Real Estate and Rental Properties, Risk Management, and Environmental Safety. The AVP also leads activities that advance the mission of the institution and foster collaboration between campus leaders, faculty, staff, students, and facilities staff.
• Serve as the primary contact for on and off-campus facilities and grounds.
• Oversee the vendor contract for the Physical Plant, Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Grounds.
• Initiate planning and goal-setting activities to align all work with the college’s goals, priorities, and plans.
• Monitor operational and project budget activities and take appropriate actions to achieve set budget goals.
• Monitor workflow, project, preventative maintenance, and repair schedules, and work results, methods, and procedures.
• Review concepts, plans, and drawings for compliance and alignment with industry best practices and the college’s goals, priorities, and plans.
• Manage Request for Proposals (RFP), bids, and contracts for facility or grounds related services.
• Review life safety systems and environmental health safety and risk management practices, and ensure they are inspected, maintained, and reported per national, local, insurance, and industry standards.
• Coordinate with local and state officials and regulatory and oversight agencies regarding permits and certificates and necessary actionable steps to insure the physical safety, integrity and well-being of all on and off-campus facilities and grounds.
• Manage the inventory of real estate and rental properties and preparing them for use.
• Maintain a current library of facility related documents and formal reports (e.g., programs, designs, specifications).
• Administer assigned property/casualty risk liability insurance, insurance policy design, risk analysis, loss prevention, incident investigation and claims administration.
• Perform other duties, as assigned or required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
• Ten or more years of progressive experience in facility operations on a college campus or similar facility-based work environment.
• Five or more years of managerial or supervisory experience.
• Experience with master planning, facility planning, design, and construction.
• Experience with developing and maintaining student housing facilities.
• Experience applying LEED and sustainable green building and grounds practices.
• Experience with managing operating and capital budgets.
• Knowledge of the facilities industry best practices and metrices.
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
• Knowledge of construction, renovation, and ADA rules and regulations for compliance.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a leadership team.
Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references.