Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience. NMSU offers competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes the NM Educational Retirement Plan, Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
As a NASA Space Grant College, a Hispanic-serving institution, and home to the first Honors College in New Mexico, NMSU serves a multi-cultural population of students and community members across the state at five campuses, a satellite learning center in Albuquerque, cooperative extension offices located in each of New Mexico’s 33 counties, and 12 agriculture research and science centers. NMSU Facilities and Services has been recognized with a national excellence in facilities management award from the APPA Award for Excellence.
• For a second consecutive year, NMSU received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity award by INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. One of America’s most military-friendly universities, according to G.I. Jobs magazine.
• NMSU is ranked No. 1 in the nation for science and engineering funding by the National Science Foundation.
• NMSU is ranked among the top 4 percent of global institutions by Center for World University Rankings.
• NMSU graduate programs have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Graduate Schools 2022 rankings.
• Enjoy a thriving and collaborative work environment with exceptional benefits and career advancement opportunities.
• Healthy work-life balance…all on vibrant campuses surrounded by green space.
• NMSU is part of the NCAA Division 1 Athletic Conference in 15 of its 16 varsity sports, and will be joining the Conference USA in 2023.
• Working at NMSU comes with the benefit of living in one of “America’s Best Small Cities” and “Best Placed to Retire.”
A unique opportunity to serve as the Chief Facilities Officer at New Mexico’s land-grant institution and comprehensive research university dedicated to teaching, research, and service at all levels. Recognized as a top-tier university by U.S. News & World Report, New Mexico State University (NMSU) sits on a 900-acre campus in Las Cruces, NM, and enrolls approximately 14,000 students from 49 states and 89 foreign countries. NMSU Facilities and Services has been recognized with a national excellence in facilities management award from the APPA Award for Excellence.
The successful candidate for the position of Associate Vice President for Facilities and Services will have direct operational and administrative responsibility for supporting the mission and goals for NMSU System through securing and maintaining the viability and integrity of the physical campus. S/he will provide leadership and direction in all aspects of administering a facilities and services department including strategic planning and customer focused programs. The university strongly encourages nominations and applications from individuals traditionally underrepresented.
Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor and Chief Operating Officer, the Associate Vice President for Facilities and Services is responsible for capital construction, renovation, and remodel projects; operation and maintenance of physical plant facilities, including utilities; the NMSU Master Plan and space planning; and central utility plant, and NMSU’s environmental sustainability initiatives. The AVP focuses on the continual improvement of the facilities to ensure the short-and long-term plans are in place for addressing and completing deferred maintenance, renovation and renewal projects, and for implementing a comprehensive planned maintenance program. The AVP will represent the university to various external entities, including governmental and private.
NMSU offers an attractive benefits package and competitive salaries. Las Cruces is a fast growing and diverse city, with an affordable housing market, many outdoor and extracurricular opportunities, in a beautiful and sunny climate with 330 days of sunshine each year.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Experience: Ten (10) years of increasingly progressive management experience in one or more areas that report to this position.
• A Deep Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
• Experience organizing and leading development of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Demonstrated expertise with financial/business analysis, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the management of utility systems within a deregulated environment preferred.
• Experience with developing conservation and sustainability programs to support NMSU sustainability goals.
• Skill in facilities planning, budget preparation, analysis, and fiscal management for a large complex university system.
• Skill in examining and reengineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. Strategic planning skills.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your Resume/CV and a letter of interest. All inquiries should be sent to Trey Wright: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Partner/Sr. Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5338– Direct
Email: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mexico State University has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to provide executive search services for the Facilities & Services. NMSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Resume/CV and Letter of Interest