Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Reference Number: 2021494
Texas State University
The Associate Vice President for Facilities is the chief facilities officer for the University and reports directly to the Vice President for Finance and Support Services. This position provides management, supervision, and professional direction to a comprehensive facilities management organization that includes facilities operations, utilities operations, facilities management, custodial services, grounds and waste management operations, and facilities planning, design and construction for both the San Marcos and Round Rock campuses and approximately 260 buildings across 5,000 acres of land holdings. The Facilities department supports approximately 8.6 million gross square feet of academic, administrative, athletic, recreational, research, and residential facilities. The department comprises a work force of well over 300 employees, delivers services representing an annual business volume of approximately $62.4 million, and manages an annual construction volume ranging from approximately $47.4 million to $288 million.
• Develop strategic plans as well as short- and long-term operating plans to help Texas State reach National Research University status while continuously assessing the effectiveness of the operation.
• Provide comprehensive leadership, strategic vision, and general oversight for facilities operations, utilities operations, facilities management and custodial services, grounds and waste management operations, and facilities planning, design and construction.
• Develop and implement operational policies and procedures that are based on facilities best practices for one of the largest and most vibrant universities in the country.
• Act as liaison with federal, state, and local agencies, companies and contractors, and members of the University community on all matters affecting Facilities.
• Support the university’s commitment to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all people.
• Prepares and manages a multi-million budget for Facilities. Monitors and controls expenditures within approved limits.
• Develops and staffs an integrated, strategically aligned, diverse, and service-oriented facilities organization.
• Establishes practices to ensure the university appropriately addresses applicable regulatory issues to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations affecting the physical assets of the university and to demonstrate environmental stewardship.
• Provides a productive work environment while leading and supervising direct reports to ensure effective job performance.
• Ensures all facilities staff are afforded adequate development and training opportunities to stay abreast in their field.
• Provide overall administration of the facilities operation which includes addressing deferred maintenance and other maintenance activities.
• Provide overall administration of the utilities operation which includes ensuring the university will have infrastructure to meet the needs of the present and future, including energy conservation and oversight of the sustainability program.
• Provide overall administration of the facilities management and custodial services operation, including procurement, IT resources, and customer service.
• Provide overall administration of the grounds and waste management operation, including recycling.
• Provides overall administration of campus construction and maintains liaison with architects, engineers, contractors, and Texas State University System staff.
• Serves on and provides administrative support to various division and university committees.
• Other assigned work not specifically enumerated of a similar kind and level.
• Broad knowledge of facilities operations
• Strong financial planning to lead in a resource-constrained environment. Experience in preparation and management of numerous budgets.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate well and supportively, with strong interpersonal skills, to build trust, cultivate understanding, personally exemplify a customer service orientation, and foster and maintain good working relationships with varied and diverse constituencies.
• A commitment to the promotion of diversity through recruiting, selecting, developing, training, managing, and maintaining staff that represent our community.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a related field of study.
Learn more and apply at https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/36004. Deadline to apply is September 30, 2021
Resume, Cover Letter