Reference Number: 494496
The University of Delaware
The University of Delaware is committed to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and service.
Associate Vice President, Facilities/Real Estate/Auxiliary Services
The University of Delaware
Facilities is responsible for several major functions including all aspects of the operations of the University’s campus including design, construction, maintenance and custodial services of University’s buildings and grounds, Parking & Transportation, Real Estate, as well as the overall management of the strategic development of the STAR Campus. Under limited direction of the Vice President, the Associate Vice President (AVP) provides leadership, coordination, and administrative oversight of the operational aspects of the Facilities organization. The AVP acts as a liaison with all levels of the U/D Community: including but not limited to senior administration, outside governing bodies, vendors, and contractors for facilities related needs.
• Assists the Vice President with overall leadership and coordination of the University’s Facilities operations ensuring optimal integration, synergy, and cost-efficiency in the development and implementation of operating plans, systems, and procedures.
• In collaboration with the Vice President, establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures.
• Responsible for Facilities budget including: labor, supplies, contracted services, management and administration, and utilities. This process encompasses the development, reforecast, monthly and end-of-year reviews, cost containment, and other adjustments or recommendations required by the University resources.
• Develops programs and initiatives that meet the professional and technical training needs of the Facilities staff. Institutes a plan that advances these programs on a regular basis.
• Evaluates University facilities operations; provides recommendations to ensure activities and initiatives are consistent with the University’s strategic, operational, and fiscal needs and objectives. Recommends and makes changes as needed.
• Implements processes to ensure routine and rigorous assessment of client satisfaction factors, enhancing the customer-service focus of service providers and building the infrastructure necessary to assist staff in the effective execution of services.
• Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are managed fairly and equitably within their approved language.
• Maintains comprehensive, regular contact with the university community concerning their needs for facilities support, monitors the relative satisfaction; ensures good working relations between the Facilities departments and administrative and academic offices.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
TO APPLY: For a complete list of requirements, job duties & to apply online, visit the UDJOBS website: www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 494496 .
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Title IX institution which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
• Bachelor’s degree with 10 years related experience. Degree in civil engineering preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred. Higher education experience preferred.
• Experience with budget and financial management.
• Familiarity and understanding of the internal and external workings of a large, public research university and knowledge of how-to best work with the various constituents involved in and served by capital projects.
• Ability to comply with reporting requirements.
• Ability to develop and monitor metrics to ensure the organization is operating efficiently and effectively serving campus needs while meeting budgetary parameters.
• Thorough knowledge of complex facilities administrative operations.
• Strategic mindset with an ability to think through complex challenges, develop collaborative solutions and execute in ways that align with the organizations core values.
• A commitment to diversity and inclusion with the ability to create a department which is inclusive and accessible.
• Collective bargaining experience.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals and financial plans.
• Ability to foster cooperative work environment. ? Ability to present information effectively.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Knowledge of a range of automated financial systems and applications software.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft or a comparable ERP financial system.
• Knowledge of business intelligence tools.
• Advanced computing skills.
• Strong analytical and logical thinking skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of organization’s personnel.