Salary: Salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Reference Number: VC-1908-003251
City University of New York
The Facilities Planning Unit of the Office of Facilities Planning, Construction, and Management (FPCM), at the City University of York is responsible for:
• Managing the development of master plans for each of the 25 CUNY campuses.
• Working with the colleges to develop capital project requests for funding from the State, City, and other sources.
• Partnering with Capital Budget Unit in the preparation of the University’s annual Capital Budget Request.
• Performing space needs analyses, project programming, and feasibility studies.
• Coordinating with the Real Estate Transactions Unit on the identification, analysis, and development of space and project opportunities in non-CUNY-owned space.
• Managing and updating the space inventory system and the facilities lifecycle assessment for all CUNY campuses.
• Developing and maintaining CUNY-wide space and planning guidelines.
• Providing database and report development support for all FPCM departments.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities Planning, the Associate Planner is responsible for:
• Assisting in the management and development of campus master plans and other studies, as assigned.
• Supporting assigned campuses with the development and documentation of capital project requests for inclusion in CUNY’s annual Capital Budget Request to the State and the City.
• Working closely with FPCM’s Department of Design, Construction, and Management to provide project planning, programming, and conceptual design support on capital projects at assigned campuses.
• Participating in the development and maintenance of CUNY-wide space and planning guidelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Architecture, or a related field.
• Three years of professional experience in institutional planning.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Ability to see the “big picture” while paying attention to details.
• Strong interpersonal skills with attention to customer service, diplomacy, and discretion.
• Master’s degree in Planning, Architecture, or a related field.
• Higher education planning experience.
• Public-sector experience.
• Project management experience.
• Professional license or certification.
• Experience with database and reporting software.
Note: Position will remain open until filled.
www.rfcuny.org > ABOUT > Search & Apply for a Job > Administrative Services > Associate Planner
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/ E-Verify Employer.