Reference Number: 100100
Private liberal arts college.
• Provides oversight and supports the Mechanical Trades shop and the General Trades shop.
• Provides oversight and support for the Custodial Services and Grounds as needed.
• Supervise the Mechanical and General Trades Supervisors.
• Supervise the Staff Assistant responsible for campus furniture, blueprints, FAMIS work order system, and campus information.
• Continually review the operations, repair, and preventative maintenance of the campus utility systems, the campus mechanical systems, campus buildings, and the campus electrical systems. Monitors the Siemens energy management system, the Work order system, and recommends improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
• Assists in the development of the long-range facilities planning for the college.
• Manages annual Capital projects to include developing scope of work, issuing RFPs, awarding contracts, managing insurance and background checks of vendors, and insuring the quality of each project.
• Participates in the technical review of new plans and specifications, and construction documents.
• Ensures a safe working environment within mechanical and general trades and maintains compliance with OSHA and other safety related codes and regulations.
• Provide direction and guidance on energy use, energy conservation measures, energy conservation projects, and assist in generating estimates for said projects.
• Assists in maintaining records required by local, state and federal agencies as they apply to Facilities Operations such as recycling reports, energy consumption, etc.
• Maintain good working relationships with all departments on campus
A college degree in a major discipline within engineering or architecture is preferred or 8 years of closely related experience with facilities management and construction in a complex physical environment. Experience with HVAC systems, building automation systems, electrical distribution, work order and preventative maintenance systems, and fire/burglar systems. Familiarity with and understanding of the International Building Code, OSHA safety standards, LEED building design is preferred.
Minimum of 10 year’s experience in the design, construction, planning of HVAC systems, utility systems, general mechanical systems, general construction, construction management and or electrical distribution systems is required. Experience with facility management in an educational setting is preferred.
Director of Facilities Operations
901 Bushkill Drive
Easton, PA 18042
Cover Letter and Resume