Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
• Coordinate the development of vision and goals for nursing in alignment with divisional, academic and college annual priorities.
• Engage in team and consensus building among faculty and staff.
• Develop a collaborative climate for fulfilling program, division, and college objectives.
• Represent nursing to the College, accrediting bodies, nursing commission, and community partners such as Washington Department of Health, Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission; and the Council on Nursing Education in Washington State (CNEWS) events. Serve, as appropriate, on task forces or advisory boards to benefit nursing programs.
Curriculum oversight for all programs
• Support curriculum development for the maintenance of curriculum currency and relevancy.
• Monitor faculty currency in curricular expertise.
• Establish quarterly course schedules to optimize efficiencies and fulfill student need
• Direct and oversee recruiting, hiring, onboarding, mentoring, supervising, evaluating, and disciplining of faculty and staff within nursing department.
• Observe and evaluate nursing tenure candidates.
• Evaluate direct reports; participate in evaluation of other staff.
• Effectively support conflict resolution between team members including students, staff and/or faculty.
• Support college resources (i.e., DRC, MCS, Title IX, CARE Team. Trio) in the implementation of their support of students.
Manage Nursing Resources and budget
• Establish and monitor resource priorities, allocations and protocols and ensure budget compliance.
• Establish and monitor enrollment management to achieve maximum efficiency in revenue generation.
• Provide reports for space allocation planning for programmatic needs and mission fulfillment.
• Support opportunities for faculty and staff to maintain currency in matters of educational equity and cultural competency through such events as Professional Development, Division Retreats, and Workshops.
• Monitor the diversity of faculty and staff and oversees endeavors to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
• Recruit community partners for experiential learning resources, program advisory committees, student mentoring programs, etc. Recruits membership for the BC Nursing Advisory Council.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Nursing from a Nursing education program accredited by a national Nursing education accreditation AND a doctoral degree either in Nursing or health related educational field from an accredited institution; OR A doctoral degree in Nursing from a college or university accredited by a national Nursing accreditation.
• Preparation in education that includes teaching adults, adult learning theory, teaching methods, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation, or two (2) years of teaching experience in Nursing education that demonstrates this type of preparation.
• Preparation or experience in Nursing administration or educational administration/leadership.
• Five (5) years of experience as a registered nurse including two (2) years of experience in Nursing education.
• Current, unencumbered RN licensure in WA State at the time of hire.
• Experience supporting student success and retention.
• Experience addressing disproportionate impact and equity issues in academic or healthcare environment.
• Effective communication, problem-solving, organization, and conflict-management skills.
• Experience bringing people of diverse backgrounds into an effective, cohesive, and inclusive team.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2083730