|Bellevue College is a student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.|
• Provide instructional vision and direction for the BaTS and ELI.
• Recruit, hire, mentor, supervise, and review tenured, non-tenured, and part-time faculty in ABE/GED, ESL, I-BEST and ELI.
• Promote a diverse and equitable working and learning environment
• Collaborate with I-BEST program chair to lead the development of I-BEST pathways appropriate for BC’s programs and student
• Participate in evaluating and reviewing instructional programs, implementation of standards, and compliance with grants and contracts.
• Collaborate effectively with students, faculty, staff, administration, community-based organizations, and other state agencies to continuously evaluate and improve programs and courses to ensure successful learning opportunities and transitions for students.
• Collect, analyze, and share program qualitative and quantitive data for continuous department improvement and state monitoring with support from Program Managers.
• Represent departments at campus meetings on instruction and specific campus initiatives.
• Facilitate collaboration among the programs of the BaTS and ELI departments
• Works with the Dean of International Education and Global Initiatives to ensure instructional integrity in course offerings.
• Actively network and create successful partnerships across the college and larger community to strengthen student retention, persistence, and transition.
• Develop, build, and maintain relationships with internal Bellevue College partners such as Student Affairs, Workforce Education, academic and professional/technical programs.
• Clear and timely communication, email or face-to-face, with staff and faculty
• Collaborate with the Dean of International Education and Global Initiatives to coordinate and facilitate established study abroad programs.
• Recruit, supervise, and evaluate direct staff reports.
• Provide direction to and collaborate with Program Managers to fulfill the goals of the programs with clear, effective systems and procedures.
• Review with department chairs course scheduling, enrollment management, and other instructional administration activities.
• Develop, implement, and monitor budgets in ABE/GED, ESL, I-BEST and ELI.
• Collaboratively write, implement, report, and monitor grants and proposals to locate state and federal funds with the Grants Office, Program Chairs and Program Managers.
• Assists in the development of manuals, guides and other material necessary for the efficient and effective administration of instructional programs.
• Conduct and arrange regular department meetings for all instructors and staff.
• Coordinate with, assist, and support program chairs, program managers, and faculty.
• Oversee faculty contracts and stipends.
• Provides direction and meets with faculty and students regarding student conduct.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Adult Education, Administration, TESOL, or related discipline from an accredited Institution. Any combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Two (2) years of administrative or leadership experience in higher education.
• Two (2) years’ experience teaching in a field taught within or related to the departments listed above.
• Effective communication, problem-solving, organizational, and conflict-management skills.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task diverse tasks in multiple settings.
• Demonstrated ability to adhere to college, city and state Program deadlines
• Demonstrated commitment to Educational Equity.
|To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1929032|