Co-educational university that offers a range of programs from bachelor to doctoral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The AVP is responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of facilities and grounds management, including maintenance, custodial, and central plant functions. Job responsibilities contribute to ensuring the effectiveness of operations or services having significant impact within the institution or department systems and involves application of policies and practices of complex or important matters, as well as the ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes. Additional responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day operations of the facilities and grounds personnel to assure the operation and maintenance of all planning, improvements, facilities, and utility systems. Problems faced in this position are highly varied, complex, and often non-recurring, which require novel and creative approaches to resolution. New concepts and approaches may have to be developed. Decisions have significant, broad implications that contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the entire university.
• Oversees the day-to-day operation of the facilities and grounds technicians to assure the operation and maintenance of all planning and improvements of campus facilities, grounds and utility systems.
• Assures an aesthetically pleasing student and customer-centered campus through the oversight of maintenance and improvements to institutional grounds, horticulture, and custodial operations relating to building preparation and use.
• Manages outsourced facilities vendors, contractors and consultants. Ensures service providers comply with all contractual obligations and performance expectations.
• Ensures adherence to federal, state and local regulations regarding buildings, grounds, utilities, access and hazardous materials.
• Supports sustainability efforts through best practices, innovation, and entrepreneurial stewardship.
• Manages the preventive maintenance plan and execution for two university campuses and vehicles.
• Maintains and annualizes a long-term capital needs assessment plan.
• Assists in planning and recommending major facilities renovation and construction project needs to provide improved facilities to support the academic mission on two student-centered campuses.
• Directs the preparation of the budget to support plant operations.
• Hires, trains, and monitors the performance of employees supervised; responsible for establishing job standards for subordinate staff and effectively evaluating staff.
• Provides leadership and assists in the oversight of institutional effectiveness efforts in the operation of the physical facilities, including the use of evaluation results and linking results to planning.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of facilities maintenance management; facilities planning, design and construction; utilities operation and management; personnel management and training; and financial management. Must have excellent administrative and supervisory skills and experience. Must be experienced and skilled in written and oral communication.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Construction/Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field preferred.
• Ten years (minimum) experience in management of facilities services in a campus setting or similar environment.
• Hours may include weekend and emergency calls.
Send application materials to Brig. Gen. Djuric at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter; resume; names, titles, and contact info of 3 professional references