Salary: $109,900 -$186,700
Reference Number: IRC17090
Founded in 1834, Tulane University is a highly regarded and selective independent
research university. Embedded in the heart of New Orleans, Tulane’s historic Uptown
Campus is approximately 110 acres. The iconic Uptown Campus serves approximately 8500
undergraduate and 2800 graduate students through academic buildings, residence
halls, dining and food venues, athletic arenas, and campus recreation.
Tulane University Health Sciences campus is located in the downtown New Orleans Central Business District between the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Canal Street in 18 mid/high-rise buildings, housing the School of Medicine, the Tulane School of Social Work, the School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, and the main campus of the Tulane Medical Center.
Directs all daily operational activities and manages financial and budgetary oversight of the Facilities Management staff section of the Division of the Campus Services. They are responsible for operations, maintenance, custodial, and grounds for all Tulane University properties.
Building Maintenance and Operations:
• Direct all preventative maintenance
• Liaison with local utilities
• Monitor and administer roof maintenance and replacement
• Coordinate design and supervise asbestos abatement and lead abatement
• Plan review and installation of automatic sprinkler systems
• Administer elevator service
• Maintain vehicle fleet
• Trouble shoot mechanical and electrical systems 55% of job
• Direct the preparation and management of five department budgets
• Serve on University Safety Committee.
• Direct Hurricane/Natural Disaster operations
• Liaison with medical doctors, staff, owners, engineers, architects, contractors, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
• Interview and hire the best qualified personnel
• Supervise administrative staff
• Counsel, evaluate, terminate, and ensure training of all personnel
• Make personnel decisions to add/delete positions based on work load
• Administer University personnel policies
• Monitor personnel safety per OSHA regulations
• Act as a part of a team and demonstrate flexibility and collaboration.
• Responds expediently and effectively to work requests from clients and consultants.
• Communicate in a manner that is clear, professional and courteous.
• Help resolve problems and issues quickly and appropriately.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor degree or a high school diploma/equivalent and 6 years of directly related work experience
2. Minimum of ten years facilities management to include three years of supervisory experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
1. Superior organizational and time management skills, to include the ability to prioritize responsibilities and objectives effectively, meet established deadlines, and anticipate deadlines
2. Excellent oral, written, presentation, and communication skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively and courteously with individuals at all levels, both internal and external to the organization
3. Ability to work independently in the accomplishment or assigned objectives and goals
4. Demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite, TMA Systems, and AutoCAD
5. Ability to develop and manage significant and complex projects and budgets.
6. Knowledge of all city, state and federal regulations/permits involved in construction/renovation and operations for medical complexes; i.e. NFPA Life Safety Code, Southern Standard Building Code, Americans with Disabilities Act, Clean Air Act, OSHA, EPA, ANSI Standards, infectious waste regulations, etc.
7. Operates with a focus on customer service.
8. Cost Savings and sustainability initiatives
1. Master’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
2. Experience working in a higher education environment