Reference Number: 1501118
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
This is a full-time, temporary position.
** Successful candidates in these temporary appointments may be appointed from a few days up to one year depending on the assignment. Temporary appointments must end on or before the end of the fiscal year (June 30th of the following year), with the possibility of renewal.
Department: Faculty Affairs and Development
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development is responsible for providing a wide range of University support services primarily related to faculty and other Academic Affairs personnel, including faculty development and relations; coordinates and provides administrative support for faculty recruitments and appointments, RTP reviews, PTE evaluations, and other evaluation processes; coordinates and provides administrative support for sabbaticals and other leaves; coordinates and provides administrative support for faculty labor contract and policy administration and implementation, salary schedules, faculty awards, and other academically related processes. The Office also monitors the colleges and other units within Academic Affairs with regard to faculty personnel policies, practices and procedures.
Major Job Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Faculty Affairs and Development the Assistant to the AVP, provides a full range of moderate to complex general office, clerical and secretarial support to the AVP, Staff and Faculty of the Faculty Affairs and Development department. The duties of this position include but are not limited to serve as receptionist, maintain files and records, schedule and arrange appointments, process hospitality and travel claims, distribute pay warrants, gather data, prepare written reports.
– Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
– Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
– Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
– Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
– Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
– Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
– Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
– Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
– Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
– Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
Experience and Education:
High school program, technical / vocational program or its equivalent.
Several years of related office work experience, equivalent to at least three years.