Reference Number: 1725396
California State University, Dominguez Hills
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Under the general supervision of the College Academic Resource Manager (ARM), the Administrative Analyst/Specialist assists in the overall fiscal operations for the College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences. The incumbent maintains a tracking and reconciling system for all financial activities; including both stateside and Foundation accounts. Assists the ARM with faculty & staff human resources and payroll functions to ensure compliance with campus policies and procedures. Coordinates activities related to Academic Personnel Database (APDB) reporting, faculty workload data and part-time faculty entitlement.
– Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and campus PeopleSoft system; high level of proficiency in the use of computer programs such as MS Office.
– Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages;
– Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, methods, and records management;
– Knowledge of proper customer service-oriented techniques;
– Knowledge of university payroll and human resources policies & procedures;
– Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; clearly organized thought using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar;
-Working Knowledge of CSU budget policies and procedures; fund accounting and resource management
-Working Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;