Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
• Assists the director in directing public safety personnel in their efforts to maintain a safe, secure, and orderly campus.
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure effective security coverage at all BC activities and events.
• Manages parking services and initiatives, including parking policies and operations to ensure maximum efficiency with parking services.
Training, Record keeping, and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Ensures that the protocol manual and performance standards for the department are being followed and are up to date.
• Schedules, facilitates, and tracks department training for Public Safety staff.
• Establishes and oversees the maintenance of a reporting mechanism and recordkeeping that complies with state records requirements while meeting all administrative needs.
• Identify, develop and implement security/safety training programs.
• Interviews, selects, and trains staff.
• Plans, assigns work, evaluates performance, resolves grievances and takes corrective action.
• Serves as essential personnel during suspended operations, emergency response, and recover operations.
• Serves as the alternate chair of the campus safety committee, Clery committee, Care Team, and other committees as required.
• Participates in the planning, implementation of the college emergency preparedness process and coordinates/leads appropriate training as required.
• Fills in for Director as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• An Associate’s Degree. Relevant experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
• Two (2) years of supervisory experience in Campus Security, Public Safety, or related field.
• One (1) year experience working in higher education.
• Five (5) years of full-time work experience in Campus Security, Public Safety, or related field.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
|To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1933841|