Payette, based in downtown Boston, is a leading architectural design firm specializing in the programming, planning, and design of complex buildings for medical and scientific research, academic teaching, healthcare, and corporate research. We provide a dynamic, collaborative environment which supports innovation and creativity, allowing each team member to significantly contribute to the design process. We invest in our staff and firmly believe there is an opportunity for anyone with talent and initiative to reach any level in our organization.
Payette seeks a team member to grow its planning and programming capabilities. We are seeking an experienced architect or design professional with five to ten years’ experience to work on planning and programming efforts leading to the design of complex healthcare, science, research, and educational facilities. The ideal candidate may desire a hybrid role that includes a combination of built work and planning work.
In addition to project work, this person will join an interdisciplinary group of friendly and passionate people at Payette who are using software and data to inform design through the creation of interactive software tools. It’s an exciting time at Payette – and for the architectural profession more broadly – as we integrate new methods into our design process.
Position responsibilities will include:
• Analyze and conceptualize space planning and master planning scenarios that address multiple factors – site, program, cost and architectural form for the most fitting short and long term solution(s)
• Create clear and compelling data visualizations, diagrams and presentations
• Manage client and consultant interactions
• Integrate innovative design thinking and creative problem solving techniques
• Contribute to the development of software tools, planning and programming techniques at Payette
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered for the position:
• Preferred but not limited to Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture degree
• At least 5 years of professional experience
• Experience in other professions (finance, health care, tech, graphic design) is a plus
• Adept at data visualization – charts, graphs, diagrams, etc.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Excellent presentation, writing, social and communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and follow through
• Ability to work confidently in a group with all levels of staff and also independently
• Strong Excel skills plus Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Sketchup, AutoCAD and Revit
• Facility with space analytics programs such as Tableau, Alteryx, Excel, Airtable and other software tools.
• Experience in university, healthcare, and/or laboratory design and renovation is preferred
• Ability to travel
Payette is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Resumes submitted online will be considered. Please note for all documents (resume, cover letter, and portfolio) the maximum files size is 5 MB.