Reference Number: 2496200
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook is one of America’s most dynamic public universities. We are a center of academic excellence and an internationally recognized research institution that offers all students a world-class education.
Architectural Design Coordinator
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor’s Degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in Architecture or a related field.Three (3) years of related experience. Experience working with computer aided design systems (AutoCAD and/or REVIT). Experience with architectural design, construction drawings, and project coordination. Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations. (***Out-of-State Applicants, see “Special Notes”).
Preferred Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Master’s Degree (foreign equivalent or higher). NYS Registered Architect. Working knowledge of Architectural Design and Construction. Working knowledge of NYS building codes.
Brief Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the Design Director, the Design Coordinator develops design concepts that are incorporated into the project. Incumbent develops construction drawings and engineering specifications for Stony Brook University (West Campus) and satellite locations. Successful candidate must have strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Provide Scope Reports and detailed evaluation of project requirements.
• As needed, prepare budget construction estimates for Scope Reports.
• Perform data take offs for estimates required for Scope Reports.
• Preparation of design documents and coordination of the project design team.
• Develop architectural design drawings to ensure they follow NYS building codes and ADA requirements.
• Assist in writing bid specifications.
• Assist Supervisor in managing multiple design projects concurrently.
• Preparation of project design schedules to include prioritization of projects.
• Coordinate the tracking of projects with other departments such as Campus Residence, and Campus Operation and Maintenance
Pre-Design and Verify Existing Conditions:
• Accompany supervisor and/or Architectural Designers on field visits with clients and assist in developing a complete project scope of work.
• Communicate with clients as the design evolves for required information and provide project status.
• Perform field measurements and documentation as needed for pre-design.
• Coordinate with Engineers for selection of engineering systems.
• Attend project meetings and follow up/next steps for project facilitation.
• Coordinator with mechanical and electrical engineers for successful project conclusion.
• Develop background drawings for the mechanical, electrical and plumbing designers.
• Maintain communications with Project Managers and Construction staff.
• Make architectural drafting calculations and check shop drawings.
• Review construction progress, and provide detailed progress reports, and progress photographs during the construction phase.
• Reproduce drawings for rehabilitation projects.
• Help develop Campus Standards, and CPDC CAD Standards.
• Assist with developing and maintaining Green and Sustainable Design Practices.
• Help maintain the department plan room.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities as Assigned:
• Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and department mission.
This is a full time appointment. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
***Out-of-State Applicants: Please note as a condition of employment and in order for this position to be tendered, the successful incumbent will be required to provide evidence of a valid license and driving abstract from the state issuing the license within five business days of a conditional offer and must obtain a NYS driver’s license within 30 days of acceptance of offer.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/oea/.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewedhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/police/.
Visit ourhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/jobs/working-here/index.php page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2496200
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2496200